2. Top video of the week: Remembering Fire chief Rodney Miller.
3. We’re looking for photos of the modern family. Family could be the 10 cats that live with you. It might be five adopted children. You might be a single mom or dad. Or, you might have same-sex parents. Whatever your situation, we’d like to see your modern family.
4. Check out this awesome post on Universal York by historian June Lloyd on the need for antsy schoolchildren to be provided with slates from the 1855 book by Thomas H. Burroughs.
“All children love to draw figures and make marks with the chalk or pencil. If the propensity which affords them so much amusement be properly directed, it will save them many a weary hour at School.”
5. I love when I have an Aha Moment. Recently, while staring at an empty tissue box and wondering what I could do with it besides throwing it out, I had such a moment. This is what I made.
Beginning May 16, “Photos of You” section will appear on Instagram profiles. What this means is that you can now tag people, just like Facebook, on Instagram. When you tag someone (or if you are tagged), they will receive notification and their photo will be added to the new “Photos of You” section.
If you don’t want other people to see the photo before you approve it, you can adjust your settings accordingly.
What do you think of this? Will you tag others on Instagram?
Also, check out Jim’s post on York Town Square about the Good News Jail & Prison Ministry’s Gettysburg Sesquicentennial Remembrance Day on Saturday. Jim will speak at this event.
2. From Buffy’s Write Zone: In everything that happens is the seed for something better.
3. Reader shares memories of Delco Plaza on Only in York County.
4. Remembering fire chief Rodney Miller top video at York Daily Record. Watch this and check out the other top 10.
5. Check out the May Poem of the Month Contest on Versify.
6. Want to win a year of free groceries? Read how you can get in the running on York Common Cents.
1, If you haven’t signed up for our weekly No Sweat newsletter, you don’t know what you’re missing. Sign up today!
2. Multiplatform journalist Ashley May is looking for photos of the modern family. A family could be the 10 cats that live with you. It might be five adopted children. You might be a single mom or dad. Or, you might have same-sex parents. The deadline for entries is midnight May 1.
3. Jump over to Jim McClure’s blog and see if you can solve his photo mystery. He also features a video of the Lafayette Club auction.