If you missed Ed Kowalczyk performing at the Waterway in York Tuesday, watch this video of him singing “Lightning Crashes.”
1. Everyone who comments on this post will be entered into a random drawing for two tickets to Hersheypark. Deadline to comment is June 9. Also, please share post link via social media channels.
2. John Clayton will chat live from Saturday’s PIAA volleyball action. Semifinals start at 9 a.m. and you can follow along on the Varsity Beat blog.
3. This post from James McClure on his York Town Square blog recognizes Navy SEAL Neil C. Roberts, the first military man with York County links to die in the War on Terrorism.
4. Looking for some summer fun? Don’t miss our 100 Days of Summer, jammed packed with fun activities and places to visit.
5. Check out June Lloyd’s recent post on her Universal York blog about presidents and a vice president whose families have been traced back to York County.
6. A new, detailed scale model of the town of Gettysburg in November 1863 is now on display at the David Wills House in downtown Gettysburg. For details, see Scott Mingus’ post on his Cannonball blog.
7. Vacation with YDR and get chance to win free gift card. Deets here.
8. Yes, Willie Nelson was in town . Check out this cool video by Paul Kuehnel, with snippets of Randy Houser and Lukas Nelson playing and singing.
9. Caryn Rupert shows you how to knit baby socks in this post on The Beaten Craft blog.
10. The summer movie series is under way in York. Check out the schedule on Emily Opilo’s York City Limits blog.