1. Don’t miss our How to get it Published seminar 3 to 5 p.m. Nov. 9 at the York Daily Record, 1891 Loucks Road, West Manchester Township. Sign up here. We’ll share submission tips, what makes news news and how to use social media to reach more people than ever before.
4. Are you an “Angry Birds” fan? Take a peek at this amusement park where you get to “shoot” birds and the latest Halloween costumes.
5. Catch up with Sharee McFadden , the latest peep profiled in the “Something about” feature. The feature introduces some of the locals who work and play in the wonderful world of social media. You’ll find them on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Linkedin and a screenful of other social media platforms. To be profiled, email email@example.com and put “Something about” in subject line.
6. Sarah Chain says she hunts “quarters like some women hunt men.” Read why on Twenty & Change.
7. Jim McClure remembers Spangler’s swimming pool and shares Maryland and Pennsylvania Circular, No. 116, which officially created a flag stop there on York Town square. This recreational spot later became Springwood Park.
8. If you haven’t checked it out yet, don’t miss court reporter Rick Lee’s new blog, Docket Sheet, by court reporter Rick Lee. The blog is jam-packed with will interesting stuff out of the courthouse.
9. Calling all bakers, it’s time for our annual Holiday Cookie Contest. Enter here.
10. Don’t miss your chance to win tickets to the Penn State/Nebraska game on Nov. 12 at Beaver Stadium. Just go to the York Daily Record Facebook page and click on the “contests” tab on the left. For a second chance to win, go to the Beshore and Koller Facebook page.
11. Here’s your complete one-stop shopping for everything Halloween — trick-or-treat nights, parades and a lot more.