The Red Lion Area Educational Foundation, a nonprofit that supports the school district, recently provided a list of its 2012 accomplishments.
The list, provided in a news release, includes:
- 44 scholarships totaling $37,700
- $35,000 for the Horn Field entrance improvement project
- Contribution for Red Lion Area Educational Foundation Dental Day
- Contribution for an outdoor biology classroom at the high school
- Management of funds for the Barshinger Creek Improvement Project
The foundation’s endowment value exceeds $1.4 million, according to a news release.
Many school districts around the county have established foundations to support projects or initiatives that the districts might not be able to afford through the district budget. In the past, I’ve heard from foundations about the projects they’ve supported, which range from major capital projects to mini-grants to help teachers do something in their classrooms.
Does your district have a foundation? Do you think it’s a good idea?