What will the ballot for York City School Board look like Nov. 3?
Technically, the race is not contested (there are just enough people on the ballot to fill all the seats). But there’s at least one write-in candidate trying to make things interesting.
There are five four-year seats available and five people on the ballot:
- incumbent Michael Breeland, Democrat
- incumbent Diane Glover Brown, Democrat
- incumbent Lois Garnett, Democrat
- incumbent Michael Miller, Democrat
- incumbent James Sawor, Democrat
There are also two, two-year seats available and two names on the ballot:
- Juanita Kirkland, Democrat
- Dave Moser, Libertarian
I’ve heard various names swirling as potential write-in efforts, but I only know of one for certain: James A. Harris wants voters to write him in for a two-year seat, according to a flier.