Twenty-seven volunteer fire and ambulance associations in York County will receive more than $298,000 in state grant funding, thanks to a program dedicated to assisting first responders in Pennsylvania, according to a news release from Reps. Stan Saylor (R-Windsor) and Keith Gillespie (R-Hellam).
“The majority of Americans, and even more Pennsylvanians, depend upon volunteers for fire protection and basic emergency response services,” Saylor said in the release. “Nationwide, 71 percent of our fire departments consist of volunteers, and in Pennsylvania that number is 97 percent. Our volunteers are literally the backbone of our communities, and York County volunteers are the finest I have ever seen. This grant program is just one way in which we can assist their efforts to keep us safe.
The fire and EMS companies in Saylor’s district to receive $163,000 in grant funding are:
- Airville Fire Company – $12,000.
- Brogue Ambulance – $6,189.
- Canadochly Valley Ambulance Club, East Prospect – $7,091.
- Citizens Volunteer Fire Co., Fawn Grove – $13,619.
- Citizens Volunteer Fire Co. (EMS), Fawn Grove – $7,091.
- Delta Cardiff Volunteer Fire Co., Delta – $5,000.
- Delta Cardiff Volunteer Fire Co. (EMS), Delta – $7,091.
- East Prospect Fire Co. – $13,458.
- Eastern York County Forest Fire Crew – $12,000.
- Eureka Volunteer Fire & Ambulance Co. Inc., Stewartstown – $13,619.
- Eureka Volunteer Fire & Ambulance Co. Inc. (EMS), Stewartstown – $7,091.
- Lake Clarke Rescue Inc., Wrightsville – $12,647.
- Leo Independent Fire Engine Co. 1, Red Lion – $13,619.
- New Bridgeville Memorial Fire Co., Red Lion – $12,323.
- Red Lion Area Ambulance Association – $7,091.
- Union Volunteer Fire Company, Felton – $12,972.
The fire and EMS companies in Gillespie’s district to receive $135,000 in grant funding are:
- Alert Fire Company No. 1, Emigsville – $13,133.
- Community Volunteer Fire Company No. 1, Yorkana – $12,323.
- Eagle Fire Company No. 1, Mount Wolf – $13,295.
- Friendship Fire Company, Hellam – $13,619.
- Lake Clarke Rescue Inc., Hellam -$12,647.
- Manchester Ambulance
- Manchester Township Department of Fire Services – $13,619.
- Springettsbury Township Volunteer Fire Company – $12,161.
- Strinestown Community Fire Company – $12,323.
- Susquehanna Fire Company No. 1, York Haven – $12,000.
- Union Fire Company No. 1, Manchester – $13,619.