Welcome to the Complaint Dept.Have a pet peeve about your community? A quality of life issue that's driving you nuts? Terrible roads? Nasty potholes? Crime problems? Improve York County by flagging problems for us to investigate and help resolve. We can't promise your problem will be fixed, but we can shine a light make to sure local officials are aware of it. Use the map at left to report issues. Or email us at email@example.com.
How it worksUse this interactive map to notify neighbors and local officials about problems such as potholes, broken street lights, flood-prone dips and road hazards, as well as graffiti and other eyesores.
1. Click the "Report" tab on the left side of the map below. Enter the address or use the map marker to navigate to the area where the issue you want to report is located on the map below. (Use the controls in the upper left corner to move the map around the window or zoom in and out.).
2. Once you have mapped the location of your issue, click next to start step 2.
3. Enter a summary of your issue, such as "Large pothole" or "Broken streetlight". Once you've entered a summary, you can then fill out a more detailed description of the issue and even attach a photograph. After this is complete, enter a display name, such as "John" or "Anonymous,” as well as a valid email address. After you've completed all the fields, press submit to create a public report of your issue.
Go mobileDownload the SeeClickFix app from the Android Market or iTunes to report issues as you are out and about.
- JT on How should roads and bridges that flood be addressed?
- Dan Shenberger on Traffic light might not be the solution for this intersection
- Michelle Tyson on New 3-way stop at Chambers/Camp Betty Washington intersection should help traffic move more safely, PennDOT says
- Check this Out on Use this map to report problems in York County – see posts below for stories on efforts to resolve issues
- Jen Miller on Did you hear a boom or feel the house shake on New Year’s Day?
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
Monthly Archives: June 2012
Seitzville Road bridge on the border of Springfield and Codorus townships to be repaired in the next few months; it was damaged by the flooding from Tropical Storm Lee in September
View Larger Map The Seitzville Road bridge on the border of Springfield and Codorus townships has been closed since October when an inspection deemed it unsafe after the flooding in September from Tropical Storm Lee. A reader asked me this … Continue reading
This editorial from the York Daily Record focuses on the Heritage Rail Trail and a bridge over the Codorus Creek.
View Larger Map Transportation officials are expected to identify the intersection of Seaks Run Road, the Susquehanna Trail and Church Street in Springfield Township as a problem area. It’s an issue that’s going to be discussed at the upcoming York … Continue reading
Several weeks ago I got an email from a York resident who was concerned about drug activity in the West End of the city. She declined to give me her name, saying she was afraid of some of the suspected … Continue reading
Penn State Extension reports that they’ve had calls from across the state that hordes of armyworms are spreading through fields and lawns, destroying crops and grass as the go. Infrequent invaders, armyworms are usually found in large numbers and can … Continue reading
A section of North George Street just north of Emigsville will close Friday morning for a bridge replacement project. It’s a bridge that’s small, and it’s easy to miss on the heavily-traveled road. The span was built in 1925, and … Continue reading
View Larger Map Construction on the S-curve on East Prospect Road — east of Longstown Hill in Windsor Township — is slogging along, PennDOT’s work on the project to straighten out the curve and make the road safer reaching about … Continue reading
No, the traffic lights on Leaders Heights Road in York Township are not broken, but the problem keeps continuing
It took York Township officials a little bit to figure this one out. The traffic lights on Leaders Heights Road were remaining red for a period of time — from Powder Mill Road to the exit ramps coming off of … Continue reading
If there is a creek or river you have your eye on, get Creek Watch to help you track its health and contribute to a data collective for your watershed. Whenever you pass a waterway, take a few seconds to … Continue reading
Reporter Ed Mahon went to a York neighborhood Monday night to talk with residents who were concerned about a leaning electrical pole. They worried that it was unsafe. Here is the story that Ed has written after talking with residents … Continue reading