Welcome to the Complaint Dept.Have a pet peeve about your community? A quality of life issue that's driving you nuts? Terrible roads? Nasty potholes? Crime problems? Improve York County by flagging problems for us to investigate and help resolve. We can't promise your problem will be fixed, but we can shine a light make to sure local officials are aware of it. Use the map at left to report issues. Or email us at email@example.com.
How it worksUse this interactive map to notify neighbors and local officials about problems such as potholes, broken street lights, flood-prone dips and road hazards, as well as graffiti and other eyesores.
1. Click the "Report" tab on the left side of the map below. Enter the address or use the map marker to navigate to the area where the issue you want to report is located on the map below. (Use the controls in the upper left corner to move the map around the window or zoom in and out.).
2. Once you have mapped the location of your issue, click next to start step 2.
3. Enter a summary of your issue, such as "Large pothole" or "Broken streetlight". Once you've entered a summary, you can then fill out a more detailed description of the issue and even attach a photograph. After this is complete, enter a display name, such as "John" or "Anonymous,” as well as a valid email address. After you've completed all the fields, press submit to create a public report of your issue.
Go mobileDownload the SeeClickFix app from the Android Market or iTunes to report issues as you are out and about.
- Police in York County conduct active shooter drills
- Maryland commuters: New law will make it easier for police to stop drivers using cell phones
- YAUFR provides hundreds of smoke alarms through grant program
- Stewartstown Railroad leases locomotive to Steam Into History Inc.
- Has the Post Office called you back lately?
- Marcel on Use this map to report problems in York County – see posts below for stories on efforts to resolve issues
- best golf gps 2012 on Use this map to report problems in York County – see posts below for stories on efforts to resolve issues
- kate on Driver: More signs needed to warn motorists about closure on Springwood Road in York Township
- Rail trail User on Help keep the Rail Trail beautiful in York
- Kate Penn on Help keep the Rail Trail beautiful in York
Monthly Archives: August 2012
The Plank Road bridge over Interstate 83 in the Shrewsbury area was expected to reopen in late August, but that’s not going to happen, according to the state Department of Transportation. “The bridge is finished, but the roadway approaches still … Continue reading
View Larger Map Didn’t see much construction work on Lehman Road in North Codorus Township this week? Crews were doing preparation work for the realignment project, Greg Penny, spokesman for the state Department of Transportation, said in an email. The … Continue reading
I’ve lived in York for two years and it doesn’t matter how many times I’ve traveled down North Queen Street to cut across Arch to George Street — I’ve had to swerve or slam on my brakes to avoid nailing … Continue reading
In the two years that I’ve been writing about emergency responders in York County, I’ve learned a lot about area firefighters. I’ve tried recently to do more stories on these men and women other than when they are battling a … Continue reading
Chief Deputy Prosecutor Timothy Barker talked about distracted driving on national panel recently; thinks more education needs to be done for repeat offenders
Distracted driving has been a hot issue, and Timothy Barker, chief deputy prosecutor with the York County District Attorney’s Office, served on a national expert panel a few months ago to talk about the problem. Officials talked about all sorts … Continue reading
Rumors about home invasions in North York spread to Facebook and Twitter Saturday night and had several residents concerned about their safety. After several concerned messages from residents, we followed up on the issue and confirmed none of the rumors … Continue reading
Updates to the SeeClickFix mobile web and iPhone app were available to users Tuesday, according to a news release. An app also is available to Android users, but the iPhone app was the one most recently updated. Now when users … Continue reading
Have you ever run into a problem with directions given by your GPS unit? Recently, a 22-year-old man was burned at a party in Maryland, and another person tried to take him to the nearest medical facility. The GPS unit, … Continue reading
Traffic deaths nationwide showed a 13.5 percent increase during the first quarter of this year, based on early estimates from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, according to a report. But in York County, the trend so far this year … Continue reading