Welcome to the Complaint Dept.Have a pet peeve about your community? A quality of life issue that's driving you nuts? Terrible roads? Nasty potholes? Crime problems? Improve York County by flagging problems for us to investigate and help resolve. We can't promise your problem will be fixed, but we can shine a light make to sure local officials are aware of it. Use the map at left to report issues. Or email us at email@example.com.
How it worksUse this interactive map to notify neighbors and local officials about problems such as potholes, broken street lights, flood-prone dips and road hazards, as well as graffiti and other eyesores.
1. Click the "Report" tab on the left side of the map below. Enter the address or use the map marker to navigate to the area where the issue you want to report is located on the map below. (Use the controls in the upper left corner to move the map around the window or zoom in and out.).
2. Once you have mapped the location of your issue, click next to start step 2.
3. Enter a summary of your issue, such as "Large pothole" or "Broken streetlight". Once you've entered a summary, you can then fill out a more detailed description of the issue and even attach a photograph. After this is complete, enter a display name, such as "John" or "Anonymous,” as well as a valid email address. After you've completed all the fields, press submit to create a public report of your issue.
Go mobileDownload the SeeClickFix app from the Android Market or iTunes to report issues as you are out and about.
- JT on How should roads and bridges that flood be addressed?
- Dan Shenberger on Traffic light might not be the solution for this intersection
- Michelle Tyson on New 3-way stop at Chambers/Camp Betty Washington intersection should help traffic move more safely, PennDOT says
- Check this Out on Use this map to report problems in York County – see posts below for stories on efforts to resolve issues
- Jen Miller on Did you hear a boom or feel the house shake on New Year’s Day?
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
Monthly Archives: September 2012
If you have traveled Interstate 83 in the area of the Sherman Street bridge recently, you probably noticed the highway is a little rough. That’s because crews will paving about a 2.5-mile stretch of the highway. Why, you wonder? It … Continue reading
A major reconstruction project on Interstate 83 in the area of the Pennsylvania Turnpike is almost done, said Greg Penny, a spokesman for the state Department of Transportation. The final inspection is finished, and the contractor just has to address … Continue reading
Chief Tom Hyers joined the Springettsbury Township Police earlier this year after serving in Philadelphia. We caught up on things after a crash in his jurisdiction Thursday afternoon. Since coming to York County, he’s taken his years of experience to … Continue reading
Rabbittransit in negotiations for a park-and-ride lot in the Shrewsbury area; where are other park-and-ride lots needed?
If you missed it last week, a park-and-ride lot in Shrewsbury Township closed Sept. 14 because Shipley Energy plans to develop the site. It held more than 80 vehicles. Rabbittransit is “in final negotiations with a different location for a … Continue reading
View Larger Map A reader called last week and wondered when the South Salem Church Road bridge over the Little Conewago Creek in Dover Township will reopen. It probably will reopen in mid- to late-October, said Mike Crochunis, a spokesman … Continue reading
Plank Road bridge could reopen this week; sometimes PennDOT is not immediately alerted about finished projects
Sometimes the news doesn’t spread fast about a bridge or road reopening. This topic came up over the weekend when I had heard that the Plank Road bridge in southern York County had reopened. We hadn’t received a news release … Continue reading
Rumors spread “like wildfire” on Facebook earlier this week about gang activity at the York Fair on Tuesday night — historically student night at the fair, according to Chief Arthur Smith with West Manchester Township Police. Officers from the three … Continue reading
Ever since Sheetz opened at the intersection of Toronita Street and Route 30, it’s been a nightmare. And now that Cheddars has been added to the mix, it’s become worse. During peak hours, especially, traffic comes to a standstill at … Continue reading
Reader complains about dip at the intersection of Route 24 and Pleasant Valley Road; township officials say it’s not a problem.
One of our readers on SeeClickFix.com reported that there’s a dip at the intersection of Pleasant Valley Road in Springettsbury Township, and some cars are bottoming out. The reader points out that it’s as you are heading eastbound on Pleasant … Continue reading
September is a good month for people to try transit, said Brandy Heilman, executive director of Commuter Services of Pennsylvania. Vacations are over. Kids are back in school. It’s not too hot or too cold to wait at a bus … Continue reading