Welcome to the Complaint Dept.Have a pet peeve about your community? A quality of life issue that's driving you nuts? Terrible roads? Nasty potholes? Crime problems? Improve York County by flagging problems for us to investigate and help resolve. We can't promise your problem will be fixed, but we can shine a light make to sure local officials are aware of it. Use the map at left to report issues. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How it worksUse this interactive map to notify neighbors and local officials about problems such as potholes, broken street lights, flood-prone dips and road hazards, as well as graffiti and other eyesores.
1. Click the "Report" tab on the left side of the map below. Enter the address or use the map marker to navigate to the area where the issue you want to report is located on the map below. (Use the controls in the upper left corner to move the map around the window or zoom in and out.).
2. Once you have mapped the location of your issue, click next to start step 2.
3. Enter a summary of your issue, such as "Large pothole" or "Broken streetlight". Once you've entered a summary, you can then fill out a more detailed description of the issue and even attach a photograph. After this is complete, enter a display name, such as "John" or "Anonymous,” as well as a valid email address. After you've completed all the fields, press submit to create a public report of your issue.
Go mobileDownload the SeeClickFix app from the Android Market or iTunes to report issues as you are out and about.
- Should PennDOT release the potential list of bridge and road projects that could be funded?
- BBB and one York Township resident warn against ‘US Airlines’ scam
- Plants stolen from Left Bank Restaurant in York
- At least three projects in York County could be funded if Senate Bill 1 passes as proposed
- See how a “diverging diamond interchange” — proposed for the Shrewsbury exit of I-83 — works
- JT on Should PennDOT release the potential list of bridge and road projects that could be funded?
- Jenni Sipe on When it comes to the cost: Big company or small shops?
- Douglas Gitt on After years of waiting, widening of the “York split” expected to start this summer
- Marcel on Use this map to report problems in York County – see posts below for stories on efforts to resolve issues
- best golf gps 2012 on Use this map to report problems in York County – see posts below for stories on efforts to resolve issues
Monthly Archives: December 2012
Adams County is facing a shortage of first responders, according to a recent article by reporter Amy Stansbury in the Hanover Evening Sun. Stansbury reported that Pennsylvania’s current volunteer firefighting force is just a fraction of the size it once … Continue reading
Wednesday’s snow was just a preview of things to come, apparently. The National Weather Service, Accuweather.com, the Weather Channel and all of the local meteorologists are in snow emergency mode, predicting two to four inches of snow Saturday. The snow … Continue reading
View Larger Map The Fissels Church Road bridge near Glen Rock reopened to traffic Saturday, said Greg Penny of the state Department of Transportation. Fissels Church Road has been closed to through traffic between Route 216 and Bonair Road since … Continue reading
Pennsylvania residents are asked to display a blue light in their home or office window in honor of fallen law enforcement officers and their survivors, according to a news release from state police. Since Pennsylvania State Police were founded in … Continue reading
The Route 214 bridge replacement project in Seven Valleys is behind schedule, according to the state Department of Transportation. The project was expected to be finished last month. However, the contractor, J.D. Eckman Inc. of Chester County, just set … Continue reading
It has been mild so far this month — a disappointment for snow lovers. So how warm has it been? The temperature has been 7.1 degrees above normal so far this month, said Andy Mussoline, meteorologist with AccuWeather.com. The average … Continue reading
About 70 Spring Garden Township residents attended a meeting Wednesday night to hear about plans for a new municipal complex near Interstate 83 and the Mount Rose interchange. Not only would it consolidate the municipal offices that are currently spread … Continue reading
View Larger Map A bridge that has been closed since it sustained damage during Tropical Storm Lee last year will be fixed soon, said Steve Malesker, senior project manager with C.S. Davidson Inc. Trinity Excavating Inc. of York will be … Continue reading
Metro editor Kara Eberle stopped by Northwest Plaze on Saturday to talk to two men protesting recent violence along Loucks Road in York. Here’s what the men had to say about the violence and how more people should be supporting … Continue reading
Johnson Controls is eyeing a property in Hopewell Township for the relocation of its test labs for commercial air-conditioners. But what’s good news for job seekers might mean bad news for commuters. The Shrewsbury interchange off Exit 4 of Interstate … Continue reading