Welcome to the Complaint Dept.Have a pet peeve about your community? A quality of life issue that's driving you nuts? Terrible roads? Nasty potholes? Crime problems? Improve York County by flagging problems for us to investigate and help resolve. We can't promise your problem will be fixed, but we can shine a light make to sure local officials are aware of it. Use the map at left to report issues. Or email us at email@example.com.
How it worksUse this interactive map to notify neighbors and local officials about problems such as potholes, broken street lights, flood-prone dips and road hazards, as well as graffiti and other eyesores.
1. Click the "Report" tab on the left side of the map below. Enter the address or use the map marker to navigate to the area where the issue you want to report is located on the map below. (Use the controls in the upper left corner to move the map around the window or zoom in and out.).
2. Once you have mapped the location of your issue, click next to start step 2.
3. Enter a summary of your issue, such as "Large pothole" or "Broken streetlight". Once you've entered a summary, you can then fill out a more detailed description of the issue and even attach a photograph. After this is complete, enter a display name, such as "John" or "Anonymous,” as well as a valid email address. After you've completed all the fields, press submit to create a public report of your issue.
Go mobileDownload the SeeClickFix app from the Android Market or iTunes to report issues as you are out and about.
- BBB and one York Township resident warn against ‘US Airlines’ scam
- Plants stolen from Left Bank Restaurant in York
- At least three projects in York County could be funded if Senate Bill 1 passes as proposed
- See how a “diverging diamond interchange” — proposed for the Shrewsbury exit of I-83 — works
- York’s National Night Out to give crime, drugs a “going away party”
- Jenni Sipe on When it comes to the cost: Big company or small shops?
- Douglas Gitt on After years of waiting, widening of the “York split” expected to start this summer
- Marcel on Use this map to report problems in York County – see posts below for stories on efforts to resolve issues
- best golf gps 2012 on Use this map to report problems in York County – see posts below for stories on efforts to resolve issues
- kate on Driver: More signs needed to warn motorists about closure on Springwood Road in York Township
Monthly Archives: January 2013
If you travel Interstate 83 at night, you’ll want to be aware of some brief traffic stops that are planned for overnight Friday and Monday. Crews plan to set six bridge beams each night at the Loganville interchange, which is … Continue reading
It sounds like work on the Seitzville Road bridge might be getting underway. A reader emailed me today to report that it appears as though the repairs are getting underway. He wrote that he saw heavy equipment and loads of … Continue reading
Crews were not out today to inspect the Route 372 bridge (the Norman Wood Bridge) over the Susquehanna River in southeastern York County because of the inclement weather. However, they are expected to be out there tomorrow, said Mike Crochunis, … Continue reading
A bear apparently has been hanging around in Delta. Someone tweeted Thursday that it was seen on Chestnut Street. So I took a trip to the southeastern part of the county to see what was going on. I knocked on … Continue reading
So there was this bug hanging around in the conference room of our office yesterday. I snapped a picture of it with my cell phone and sent it to Timothy Abbey of the Penn State Cooperative Extension to ask him … Continue reading
Here’s a story I’m working on this week. It’s about “junk” in the trunk of your vehicle. State Farm and KRC Research did a survey recently and found that only 9 percent of drivers carried all of the emergency roadside … Continue reading
During an office conversation, I struggled to find the pros in parking, especially in downtown York. Several of us at YDR live downtown and I know first hand the pain of shelling out nearly $30 a month to park in … Continue reading
Extreme weather shattered 3,527 monthly records across the county last year, according to the Natural Resources Defense Council, an international, nonprofit environmental organization. And that’s up from the 3,251 monthly records broken in 2011, the organization reported Tuesday. In Pennsylvania, … Continue reading