If you have been sitting in traffic that has backed up on the off ramps of Interstate 83, transportation planners want to hear from you.
The York County Planning Commission has been studying about 14 off-ramps of I-83 to see which ones back up, said Will Clark, chief of transportation planning.
The ones that officials know traditionally back up are:
- Exit 4 (Shrewsbury) — Northbound
- Exit 18 (Mount Rose Avenue) — Northbound and southbound
- Exit 19 (Market Street) — Both directions
- Exit 22 (North George Street ) — Southbound
- Exit 24 (Emigsville) — Northbound and southbound
Officials want to know which ones pose a safety issue as part of future decision making on transportation projects.
Is there an off-ramp that is backing up that transportation planners might not be aware of? Share those here, or email Jeph Rebert at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate which direction and the time of day.