Welcome to the Complaint Dept.Have a pet peeve about your community? A quality of life issue that's driving you nuts? Terrible roads? Nasty potholes? Crime problems? Improve York County by flagging problems for us to investigate and help resolve. We can't promise your problem will be fixed, but we can shine a light make to sure local officials are aware of it. Use the map at left to report issues. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How it worksUse this interactive map to notify neighbors and local officials about problems such as potholes, broken street lights, flood-prone dips and road hazards, as well as graffiti and other eyesores.
1. Click the "Report" tab on the left side of the map below. Enter the address or use the map marker to navigate to the area where the issue you want to report is located on the map below. (Use the controls in the upper left corner to move the map around the window or zoom in and out.).
2. Once you have mapped the location of your issue, click next to start step 2.
3. Enter a summary of your issue, such as "Large pothole" or "Broken streetlight". Once you've entered a summary, you can then fill out a more detailed description of the issue and even attach a photograph. After this is complete, enter a display name, such as "John" or "Anonymous,” as well as a valid email address. After you've completed all the fields, press submit to create a public report of your issue.
Go mobileDownload the SeeClickFix app from the Android Market or iTunes to report issues as you are out and about.
- BBB and one York Township resident warn against ‘US Airlines’ scam
- Plants stolen from Left Bank Restaurant in York
- At least three projects in York County could be funded if Senate Bill 1 passes as proposed
- See how a “diverging diamond interchange” — proposed for the Shrewsbury exit of I-83 — works
- York’s National Night Out to give crime, drugs a “going away party”
- Jenni Sipe on When it comes to the cost: Big company or small shops?
- Douglas Gitt on After years of waiting, widening of the “York split” expected to start this summer
- Marcel on Use this map to report problems in York County – see posts below for stories on efforts to resolve issues
- best golf gps 2012 on Use this map to report problems in York County – see posts below for stories on efforts to resolve issues
- kate on Driver: More signs needed to warn motorists about closure on Springwood Road in York Township
Author Archives: Hannah Sawyer
I thought it would be easy to get in touch with the York City Post Office — they are, after all, in the business of communication. But it’s my first couple of weeks on the job, and I guess I … Continue reading
Across the U.S., beekeepers are opening their hives to find dead and missing bees — again. And in even greater numbers than before. Scientists have reported the highest number of bee die-offs ever this winter, surpassing 2006 when the new … Continue reading
The scene of a fully-involved fire, where a home is engulfed in flames, or a the site of a three car accident with possible entrapment can be tense moments for rescuers. First responders rely on intensive training to effectively deal … Continue reading
As the Senate and House wrangled over a last-minute fiscal cliff compromise in the late hours of 2012, Senators Stebanow and Lucas, co-chairs of the Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry, worked to draft a 78-page Farm Bill extension proposal. While the fiscal cliff … Continue reading
Adams County is facing a shortage of first responders, according to a recent article by reporter Amy Stansbury in the Hanover Evening Sun. Stansbury reported that Pennsylvania’s current volunteer firefighting force is just a fraction of the size it once … Continue reading
Johnson Controls is eyeing a property in Hopewell Township for the relocation of its test labs for commercial air-conditioners. But what’s good news for job seekers might mean bad news for commuters. The Shrewsbury interchange off Exit 4 of Interstate … Continue reading