Welcome to the Complaint Dept.Have a pet peeve about your community? A quality of life issue that's driving you nuts? Terrible roads? Nasty potholes? Crime problems? Improve York County by flagging problems for us to investigate and help resolve. We can't promise your problem will be fixed, but we can shine a light make to sure local officials are aware of it. Use the map at left to report issues. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How it worksUse this interactive map to notify neighbors and local officials about problems such as potholes, broken street lights, flood-prone dips and road hazards, as well as graffiti and other eyesores.
1. Click the "Report" tab on the left side of the map below. Enter the address or use the map marker to navigate to the area where the issue you want to report is located on the map below. (Use the controls in the upper left corner to move the map around the window or zoom in and out.).
2. Once you have mapped the location of your issue, click next to start step 2.
3. Enter a summary of your issue, such as "Large pothole" or "Broken streetlight". Once you've entered a summary, you can then fill out a more detailed description of the issue and even attach a photograph. After this is complete, enter a display name, such as "John" or "Anonymous,” as well as a valid email address. After you've completed all the fields, press submit to create a public report of your issue.
Go mobileDownload the SeeClickFix app from the Android Market or iTunes to report issues as you are out and about.
- JT on How should roads and bridges that flood be addressed?
- Dan Shenberger on Traffic light might not be the solution for this intersection
- Michelle Tyson on New 3-way stop at Chambers/Camp Betty Washington intersection should help traffic move more safely, PennDOT says
- Check this Out on Use this map to report problems in York County – see posts below for stories on efforts to resolve issues
- Jen Miller on Did you hear a boom or feel the house shake on New Year’s Day?
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
Author Archives: Rebecca Hanlon
Sgt. Jeff Dunbar with York Area Regional Police sent me a list of donors who contributed to the more than $20,000 needed to obtain and train the department’s new K-9, Vilko. You can read the story about Vilko’s recent introduction … Continue reading
Drivers should watch out for construction along Interstate 83 in southern York County this week, according to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation. Weather permitting, maintenance crews will be working in the following areas: Tuesday: Making repairs in the left southbound … Continue reading
I wrote a story that ran earlier this week about Jon Dubbs, a 24-year-old member of the Southern York County Forest Fire Crew who was sent west to fight forest fires. His father, Dale Dubbs, made a similar trip more than 20 years ago. … Continue reading
The third annual Ride To Survive for domestic violence awareness is set for Sept. 7 in Maryland and will benefit the York YWCA, according to a news release. High Ridge Farm in Manchester, Md. will host the event to raise money … Continue reading
The York County Quick Response Team along with Newberry Township Police Department are hosting the 7th Annual running of the Dare To Care 5K, set for Aug. 31. The event involves a 5K run/walk and an awards ceremony. This event benefits … Continue reading
Northeastern Regional Police posted this message on its Facebook page earlier today: Please lock your car up and hide your valuables. We are seeing an increase of thefts from vehicles in the past few weeks. Unlocked cars are being entered … Continue reading
Get ready to dust off your putters. The York County Children’s Advocacy Center is hosting the 5th Annual Mini Golf Marathon at Heritage Hills Golf Resort, 2700 Mount Rose Ave. noon to midnight Aug. 9. The York County Children’s Advocacy … Continue reading
More than 900 York County veterans have received identification cards as part of the Hometown Heroes discount program, York County Recorder of Deeds Randi Reisinger announced in a news release Wednesday. The “Hometown Heroes” program allows York County veterans to … Continue reading
The York County Missing Child Task Force will host a 5k run, 1 mile walk and kids’ fun run Sept. 21 to help raise funds for the team and cover expenses for Lt. Lou, the tracking hound for the task … Continue reading
The Southwestern Regional Police Department announced Thursday the hiring of a new officer. On July 1, Nikolas A. Johnson, 29, was hired and had been working in the department’s field training program, riding with another officer. Because of Johnson’s previous … Continue reading