Welcome to the Complaint Dept.Have a pet peeve about your community? A quality of life issue that's driving you nuts? Terrible roads? Nasty potholes? Crime problems? Improve York County by flagging problems for us to investigate and help resolve. We can't promise your problem will be fixed, but we can shine a light make to sure local officials are aware of it. Use the map at left to report issues. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How it worksUse this interactive map to notify neighbors and local officials about problems such as potholes, broken street lights, flood-prone dips and road hazards, as well as graffiti and other eyesores.
1. Click the "Report" tab on the left side of the map below. Enter the address or use the map marker to navigate to the area where the issue you want to report is located on the map below. (Use the controls in the upper left corner to move the map around the window or zoom in and out.).
2. Once you have mapped the location of your issue, click next to start step 2.
3. Enter a summary of your issue, such as "Large pothole" or "Broken streetlight". Once you've entered a summary, you can then fill out a more detailed description of the issue and even attach a photograph. After this is complete, enter a display name, such as "John" or "Anonymous,” as well as a valid email address. After you've completed all the fields, press submit to create a public report of your issue.
Go mobileDownload the SeeClickFix app from the Android Market or iTunes to report issues as you are out and about.
- Kelly on I-83 drivers: Traffic will be detoured in Maryland next week
- Andy on I-83 drivers: What you need to know in Maryland
- Rogers on New traffic control technology could be coming for U.S. 15 in northern York County
- Barry Ness on Speak out on transportation issues during online public meeting
- Rae on Police: No child abductions — or attempts — have been linked to group selling educational materials
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
Author Archives: Teresa Boeckel
When this snow melts, it will likely reveal lots of trash along the roads. Plastic shopping bags, soda bottles and car parts are just some of the items that litter the highway. It takes volunteers to help spruce up the … Continue reading
A bridge in York County closed last week after a recent inspection, said Steve Malesker, senior project manager with C.S. Davidson Inc. The Hayrick Road bridge over the Codorus Creek at the Heidelberg and North Codorus Township line was closed … Continue reading
Earlier this month, a reader contacted us about a “boom” that was heard in the Dover area on New Year’s Day. Jeri Jones of Jones Geological Services looked into the issue a little more, and he thinks that “frost quakes” … Continue reading
A reader has been in touch with me about a sign that has been tilted — and now totally flipped — on Leader Heights Road in York Township. The sign indicates to drivers heading east on Leader Heights Road which … Continue reading
A reader contacted us recently about a boom heard in the Dover area on New Year’s Day. He said that many people reported hearing it, and some said their houses shook. It happened around 3 p.m. So I called Jeri … Continue reading
Rabbittransit has transitioned its website to make it easier for people using mobile devices to read and navigate, according to a news release. Users should find it easier access to schedules, rider alerts, bus arrivals and fare information, the news … Continue reading
The removal of the Chambers Road traffic signal has been postponed because of the snow storm, according to Greg Penny, a spokesman for the state Department of Transportation. It is now scheduled to be removed on Thursday, he said in … Continue reading
The light at the intersection of Route 124 and Chambers Road in York Township is coming down. It was expected to be removed today, but the work had to be pushed back because of the cold weather, said Greg Penny, … Continue reading
Gov. Tom Corbett signed the transportation funding bill today, according to a news release. It will invest an additional $2.3 billion to $2.4 billion in roads, bridges and mass transportation around the state, the news release says. Here in York … Continue reading
Interstate 83 traffic will be detoured overnight Monday and Tuesday in northern Maryland, according to the State Highway Administration. That’s because crews will be setting beams for the Middletown Road bridge in northern Baltimore County, the agency said in a … Continue reading