Welcome to the Complaint Dept.Have a pet peeve about your community? A quality of life issue that's driving you nuts? Terrible roads? Nasty potholes? Crime problems? Improve York County by flagging problems for us to investigate and help resolve. We can't promise your problem will be fixed, but we can shine a light make to sure local officials are aware of it. Use the map at left to report issues. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How it worksUse this interactive map to notify neighbors and local officials about problems such as potholes, broken street lights, flood-prone dips and road hazards, as well as graffiti and other eyesores.
1. Click the "Report" tab on the left side of the map below. Enter the address or use the map marker to navigate to the area where the issue you want to report is located on the map below. (Use the controls in the upper left corner to move the map around the window or zoom in and out.).
2. Once you have mapped the location of your issue, click next to start step 2.
3. Enter a summary of your issue, such as "Large pothole" or "Broken streetlight". Once you've entered a summary, you can then fill out a more detailed description of the issue and even attach a photograph. After this is complete, enter a display name, such as "John" or "Anonymous,” as well as a valid email address. After you've completed all the fields, press submit to create a public report of your issue.
Go mobileDownload the SeeClickFix app from the Android Market or iTunes to report issues as you are out and about.
- Police in York County conduct active shooter drills
- Maryland commuters: New law will make it easier for police to stop drivers using cell phones
- YAUFR provides hundreds of smoke alarms through grant program
- Stewartstown Railroad leases locomotive to Steam Into History Inc.
- Has the Post Office called you back lately?
- Marcel on Use this map to report problems in York County – see posts below for stories on efforts to resolve issues
- best golf gps 2012 on Use this map to report problems in York County – see posts below for stories on efforts to resolve issues
- kate on Driver: More signs needed to warn motorists about closure on Springwood Road in York Township
- Rail trail User on Help keep the Rail Trail beautiful in York
- Kate Penn on Help keep the Rail Trail beautiful in York
Category Archives: Bridges
Maryland commuters: You might be stuck in traffic on Interstate 83 next week for roadwork. Starting Tuesday night, all lanes of I-83 will be closed briefly overnight in the area of the Exit 31 in Baltimore County. Crews will be … Continue reading
A reader recently asked when work on the Route 30 bridge over the Susquehanna River will be finished. It will be this spring, said Mike Crochunis, a spokesman for the state Department of Transportation. More work was added to the … Continue reading
The Seitzville Road bridge between Springfield and Codorus townships reopened to traffic on Feb. 15, said Steve Malesker, senior project manager with C.S. Davidson Inc. The bridge had been closed since the fall of 2011 when inspectors found that it … Continue reading
It sounds like work on the Seitzville Road bridge might be getting underway. A reader emailed me today to report that it appears as though the repairs are getting underway. He wrote that he saw heavy equipment and loads of … Continue reading
Crews were not out today to inspect the Route 372 bridge (the Norman Wood Bridge) over the Susquehanna River in southeastern York County because of the inclement weather. However, they are expected to be out there tomorrow, said Mike Crochunis, … Continue reading
View Larger Map The Fissels Church Road bridge near Glen Rock reopened to traffic Saturday, said Greg Penny of the state Department of Transportation. Fissels Church Road has been closed to through traffic between Route 216 and Bonair Road since … Continue reading
The Route 214 bridge replacement project in Seven Valleys is behind schedule, according to the state Department of Transportation. The project was expected to be finished last month. However, the contractor, J.D. Eckman Inc. of Chester County, just set … Continue reading
View Larger Map A bridge that has been closed since it sustained damage during Tropical Storm Lee last year will be fixed soon, said Steve Malesker, senior project manager with C.S. Davidson Inc. Trinity Excavating Inc. of York will be … Continue reading
Johnson Controls is eyeing a property in Hopewell Township for the relocation of its test labs for commercial air-conditioners. But what’s good news for job seekers might mean bad news for commuters. The Shrewsbury interchange off Exit 4 of Interstate … Continue reading
Ken Fink Jr. recently asked how much longer the Route 116 bridge in Spring Grove will be under construction. Well, it’s going to take about four months before the bridge reopens to traffic. The project remains on schedule, said Mike … Continue reading