Welcome to the Complaint Dept.Have a pet peeve about your community? A quality of life issue that's driving you nuts? Terrible roads? Nasty potholes? Crime problems? Improve York County by flagging problems for us to investigate and help resolve. We can't promise your problem will be fixed, but we can shine a light make to sure local officials are aware of it. Use the map at left to report issues. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How it worksUse this interactive map to notify neighbors and local officials about problems such as potholes, broken street lights, flood-prone dips and road hazards, as well as graffiti and other eyesores.
1. Click the "Report" tab on the left side of the map below. Enter the address or use the map marker to navigate to the area where the issue you want to report is located on the map below. (Use the controls in the upper left corner to move the map around the window or zoom in and out.).
2. Once you have mapped the location of your issue, click next to start step 2.
3. Enter a summary of your issue, such as "Large pothole" or "Broken streetlight". Once you've entered a summary, you can then fill out a more detailed description of the issue and even attach a photograph. After this is complete, enter a display name, such as "John" or "Anonymous,” as well as a valid email address. After you've completed all the fields, press submit to create a public report of your issue.
Go mobileDownload the SeeClickFix app from the Android Market or iTunes to report issues as you are out and about.
- JT on How should roads and bridges that flood be addressed?
- Dan Shenberger on Traffic light might not be the solution for this intersection
- Michelle Tyson on New 3-way stop at Chambers/Camp Betty Washington intersection should help traffic move more safely, PennDOT says
- Check this Out on Use this map to report problems in York County – see posts below for stories on efforts to resolve issues
- Jen Miller on Did you hear a boom or feel the house shake on New Year’s Day?
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
Category Archives: Bridges
When this snow melts, it will likely reveal lots of trash along the roads. Plastic shopping bags, soda bottles and car parts are just some of the items that litter the highway. It takes volunteers to help spruce up the … Continue reading
A bridge in York County closed last week after a recent inspection, said Steve Malesker, senior project manager with C.S. Davidson Inc. The Hayrick Road bridge over the Codorus Creek at the Heidelberg and North Codorus Township line was closed … Continue reading
Maybe you saw crews working this week on the Route 74 bridge over the Little Conewago Creek on the border of Dover and West Manchester townships and wondered what was happening. Traffic was reduced to a single-lane at least a … Continue reading
Ten bridges in York County and nine spans in Adams County will have new or lowered weight restrictions, the state Department of Transportation announced recently. The restrictions will help to slow the rate of deterioration and ensure the safety of … Continue reading
A bucket boat is back for more bridge inspections in York. C.S. Davidson Inc. will be using the boat today to conduct routine inspections of the Philadelphia, Market, King and Princess street bridges, said Steve Malesker, senior project manager with … Continue reading
Today will mark a week since the closure of the ramp from Interstate 83 South to Route 30 East. The ramp had to be closed because of its close proximity to the I-83 bridge, which is being rehabilitated, according to … Continue reading
Trying to track down which bridge and road projects in York County could be funded through state transportation proposals has been anything but easy. That’s because, as the Associated Press reported today, the information is only available to legislators through … Continue reading
At least three projects in York County are on the list of potential projects that could be funded if additional money if Senate Bill 1 gets ultimate approval. The bill was recently passed by the state Senate and now the … Continue reading
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation revealed a YouTube channel on Monday to help keep drivers up to date on road conditions, according to a news release. So far on the channel, users can find: Time lapse video from the May … Continue reading
Maryland commuters: You might be stuck in traffic on Interstate 83 next week for roadwork. Starting Tuesday night, all lanes of I-83 will be closed briefly overnight in the area of the Exit 31 in Baltimore County. Crews will be … Continue reading