Welcome to the Complaint Dept.Have a pet peeve about your community? A quality of life issue that's driving you nuts? Terrible roads? Nasty potholes? Crime problems? Improve York County by flagging problems for us to investigate and help resolve. We can't promise your problem will be fixed, but we can shine a light make to sure local officials are aware of it. Use the map at left to report issues. Or email us at email@example.com.
How it worksUse this interactive map to notify neighbors and local officials about problems such as potholes, broken street lights, flood-prone dips and road hazards, as well as graffiti and other eyesores.
1. Click the "Report" tab on the left side of the map below. Enter the address or use the map marker to navigate to the area where the issue you want to report is located on the map below. (Use the controls in the upper left corner to move the map around the window or zoom in and out.).
2. Once you have mapped the location of your issue, click next to start step 2.
3. Enter a summary of your issue, such as "Large pothole" or "Broken streetlight". Once you've entered a summary, you can then fill out a more detailed description of the issue and even attach a photograph. After this is complete, enter a display name, such as "John" or "Anonymous,” as well as a valid email address. After you've completed all the fields, press submit to create a public report of your issue.
Go mobileDownload the SeeClickFix app from the Android Market or iTunes to report issues as you are out and about.
- Governor signs transportation bill; money will pay for widening of I-83 in York area
- I-83 drivers: Traffic will be detoured in Maryland next week
- New eastbound Route 22 bridge opens after fiery tanker crash in May
- Pennsylvania still ranks 5th for deer vs. vehicle crashes, State Farm says
- New traffic pattern in effect at Eastern York high and middle schools
- Kelly on I-83 drivers: Traffic will be detoured in Maryland next week
- Andy on I-83 drivers: What you need to know in Maryland
- Rogers on New traffic control technology could be coming for U.S. 15 in northern York County
- Barry Ness on Speak out on transportation issues during online public meeting
- Rae on Police: No child abductions — or attempts — have been linked to group selling educational materials
Category Archives: Bridges
Maybe you saw crews working this week on the Route 74 bridge over the Little Conewago Creek on the border of Dover and West Manchester townships and wondered what was happening. Traffic was reduced to a single-lane at least a … Continue reading
Ten bridges in York County and nine spans in Adams County will have new or lowered weight restrictions, the state Department of Transportation announced recently. The restrictions will help to slow the rate of deterioration and ensure the safety of … Continue reading
A bucket boat is back for more bridge inspections in York. C.S. Davidson Inc. will be using the boat today to conduct routine inspections of the Philadelphia, Market, King and Princess street bridges, said Steve Malesker, senior project manager with … Continue reading
Today will mark a week since the closure of the ramp from Interstate 83 South to Route 30 East. The ramp had to be closed because of its close proximity to the I-83 bridge, which is being rehabilitated, according to … Continue reading
Trying to track down which bridge and road projects in York County could be funded through state transportation proposals has been anything but easy. That’s because, as the Associated Press reported today, the information is only available to legislators through … Continue reading
At least three projects in York County are on the list of potential projects that could be funded if additional money if Senate Bill 1 gets ultimate approval. The bill was recently passed by the state Senate and now the … Continue reading
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation revealed a YouTube channel on Monday to help keep drivers up to date on road conditions, according to a news release. So far on the channel, users can find: Time lapse video from the May … Continue reading
Maryland commuters: You might be stuck in traffic on Interstate 83 next week for roadwork. Starting Tuesday night, all lanes of I-83 will be closed briefly overnight in the area of the Exit 31 in Baltimore County. Crews will be … Continue reading
A reader recently asked when work on the Route 30 bridge over the Susquehanna River will be finished. It will be this spring, said Mike Crochunis, a spokesman for the state Department of Transportation. More work was added to the … Continue reading
The Seitzville Road bridge between Springfield and Codorus townships reopened to traffic on Feb. 15, said Steve Malesker, senior project manager with C.S. Davidson Inc. The bridge had been closed since the fall of 2011 when inspectors found that it … Continue reading