Welcome to the Complaint Dept.Have a pet peeve about your community? A quality of life issue that's driving you nuts? Terrible roads? Nasty potholes? Crime problems? Improve York County by flagging problems for us to investigate and help resolve. We can't promise your problem will be fixed, but we can shine a light make to sure local officials are aware of it. Use the map at left to report issues. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How it worksUse this interactive map to notify neighbors and local officials about problems such as potholes, broken street lights, flood-prone dips and road hazards, as well as graffiti and other eyesores.
1. Click the "Report" tab on the left side of the map below. Enter the address or use the map marker to navigate to the area where the issue you want to report is located on the map below. (Use the controls in the upper left corner to move the map around the window or zoom in and out.).
2. Once you have mapped the location of your issue, click next to start step 2.
3. Enter a summary of your issue, such as "Large pothole" or "Broken streetlight". Once you've entered a summary, you can then fill out a more detailed description of the issue and even attach a photograph. After this is complete, enter a display name, such as "John" or "Anonymous,” as well as a valid email address. After you've completed all the fields, press submit to create a public report of your issue.
Go mobileDownload the SeeClickFix app from the Android Market or iTunes to report issues as you are out and about.
- After years of waiting, widening of the “York split” expected to start this summer
- PennDOT reveals YouTube page to keep drivers updated
- Police in York County conduct active shooter drills
- Maryland commuters: New law will make it easier for police to stop drivers using cell phones
- YAUFR provides hundreds of smoke alarms through grant program
- Marcel on Use this map to report problems in York County – see posts below for stories on efforts to resolve issues
- best golf gps 2012 on Use this map to report problems in York County – see posts below for stories on efforts to resolve issues
- kate on Driver: More signs needed to warn motorists about closure on Springwood Road in York Township
- Rail trail User on Help keep the Rail Trail beautiful in York
- Kate Penn on Help keep the Rail Trail beautiful in York
Category Archives: Commuting
There’s some good news for Harrisburg commuters: The widening of the “York split” is expected to begin later this summer. The new Lowther Street bridge over Interstate 83 just opened this week to one lane of traffic in each direction, … Continue reading
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation revealed a YouTube channel on Monday to help keep drivers up to date on road conditions, according to a news release. So far on the channel, users can find: Time lapse video from the May … Continue reading
Maryland commuters: If you’re still haven’t put down the cell phone while you’re driving, you’ll need to know that it will soon be easier for police to stop and ticket you for the violation. The law is changing this fall. … Continue reading
If you’re looking to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day by channeling your inner Irish — you might want to plan ahead to keep things safe. Whether you’ll be celebrating post parade on Saturday or sipping on Guinness and Irish breakfast on Sunday, it’s … Continue reading
Pennsylvania State Police will be conducting DUI enforcement activities in York County, beginning Friday, and continuing through March 18, according to a news release. The activities could be DUI sobriety checkpoints, or roving DUI patrols, or both, the release states. … Continue reading
Interstate 83 drivers beware: The right southbound lane between Route 30 and Sherman Street will be closed tonight for more utility work in the area. The closure will be in effect between 9 p.m. and midnight, said Kathy Seilhamer, a spokeswoman … Continue reading
A reader recently wrote on SeeClickFix about a huge pothole in the road in the 1200 block of East Philadelphia Street in York. The reader wrote that rocks were collecting inside the pothole and when cars drove over it, the … Continue reading
Recently, a reader posted on SeeClickFix about a timing problem with the traffic light at West Market Street and Highland Avenue in West York. The light was staying green for much longer for those traveling on Highland Avenue, the reader … Continue reading
Crews were not out today to inspect the Route 372 bridge (the Norman Wood Bridge) over the Susquehanna River in southeastern York County because of the inclement weather. However, they are expected to be out there tomorrow, said Mike Crochunis, … Continue reading
Johnson Controls is eyeing a property in Hopewell Township for the relocation of its test labs for commercial air-conditioners. But what’s good news for job seekers might mean bad news for commuters. The Shrewsbury interchange off Exit 4 of Interstate … Continue reading