Welcome to the Complaint Dept.Have a pet peeve about your community? A quality of life issue that's driving you nuts? Terrible roads? Nasty potholes? Crime problems? Improve York County by flagging problems for us to investigate and help resolve. We can't promise your problem will be fixed, but we can shine a light make to sure local officials are aware of it. Use the map at left to report issues. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How it worksUse this interactive map to notify neighbors and local officials about problems such as potholes, broken street lights, flood-prone dips and road hazards, as well as graffiti and other eyesores.
1. Click the "Report" tab on the left side of the map below. Enter the address or use the map marker to navigate to the area where the issue you want to report is located on the map below. (Use the controls in the upper left corner to move the map around the window or zoom in and out.).
2. Once you have mapped the location of your issue, click next to start step 2.
3. Enter a summary of your issue, such as "Large pothole" or "Broken streetlight". Once you've entered a summary, you can then fill out a more detailed description of the issue and even attach a photograph. After this is complete, enter a display name, such as "John" or "Anonymous,” as well as a valid email address. After you've completed all the fields, press submit to create a public report of your issue.
Go mobileDownload the SeeClickFix app from the Android Market or iTunes to report issues as you are out and about.
- JT on How should roads and bridges that flood be addressed?
- Dan Shenberger on Traffic light might not be the solution for this intersection
- Michelle Tyson on New 3-way stop at Chambers/Camp Betty Washington intersection should help traffic move more safely, PennDOT says
- Check this Out on Use this map to report problems in York County – see posts below for stories on efforts to resolve issues
- Jen Miller on Did you hear a boom or feel the house shake on New Year’s Day?
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
Category Archives: Commuting
I spotted a link for the “Yellow Dot Program” on Southern Regional Police’s Facebook page today and wondered what it was. I clicked on the link to check it out. It’s a program that’s designed to help citizens in the … Continue reading
Have you seen the construction at the park and ride lot just over the state line? Fifty new parking spaces are being added to the lot at the Old York Road interchange of Interstate 83, according to the Maryland State … Continue reading
Traffic switches at the York Split will not happen tonight because of the weather. The roads have not dried off, and it was raining again so the contractor, J.D. Eckman Inc. of Chester County, has canceled the switch for tonight, … Continue reading
Drivers will see some new traffic patterns at the I-83/Route 581 “York Split” starting next week. I-83 North traffic is expected to shift onto the newly-widened portion of the highway. Crews plan to make the switch during the overnight hours … Continue reading
New 3-way stop at Chambers/Camp Betty Washington intersection should help traffic move more safely, PennDOT says
State officials released more information Friday about a new 3-way stop going in at the intersection of Chambers and Camp Betty Washington roads in York Township. Message boards in the neighborhood have been warning drivers about the traffic change coming … Continue reading
A reader has been in touch with me about a sign that has been tilted — and now totally flipped — on Leader Heights Road in York Township. The sign indicates to drivers heading east on Leader Heights Road which … Continue reading
Rabbittransit has transitioned its website to make it easier for people using mobile devices to read and navigate, according to a news release. Users should find it easier access to schedules, rider alerts, bus arrivals and fare information, the news … Continue reading
The light at the intersection of Route 124 and Chambers Road in York Township is coming down. It was expected to be removed today, but the work had to be pushed back because of the cold weather, said Greg Penny, … Continue reading
Gov. Tom Corbett signed the transportation funding bill today, according to a news release. It will invest an additional $2.3 billion to $2.4 billion in roads, bridges and mass transportation around the state, the news release says. Here in York … Continue reading