Welcome to the Complaint Dept.Have a pet peeve about your community? A quality of life issue that's driving you nuts? Terrible roads? Nasty potholes? Crime problems? Improve York County by flagging problems for us to investigate and help resolve. We can't promise your problem will be fixed, but we can shine a light make to sure local officials are aware of it. Use the map at left to report issues. Or email us at email@example.com.
How it worksUse this interactive map to notify neighbors and local officials about problems such as potholes, broken street lights, flood-prone dips and road hazards, as well as graffiti and other eyesores.
1. Click the "Report" tab on the left side of the map below. Enter the address or use the map marker to navigate to the area where the issue you want to report is located on the map below. (Use the controls in the upper left corner to move the map around the window or zoom in and out.).
2. Once you have mapped the location of your issue, click next to start step 2.
3. Enter a summary of your issue, such as "Large pothole" or "Broken streetlight". Once you've entered a summary, you can then fill out a more detailed description of the issue and even attach a photograph. After this is complete, enter a display name, such as "John" or "Anonymous,” as well as a valid email address. After you've completed all the fields, press submit to create a public report of your issue.
Go mobileDownload the SeeClickFix app from the Android Market or iTunes to report issues as you are out and about.
- Governor signs transportation bill; money will pay for widening of I-83 in York area
- I-83 drivers: Traffic will be detoured in Maryland next week
- New eastbound Route 22 bridge opens after fiery tanker crash in May
- Pennsylvania still ranks 5th for deer vs. vehicle crashes, State Farm says
- New traffic pattern in effect at Eastern York high and middle schools
- Kelly on I-83 drivers: Traffic will be detoured in Maryland next week
- Andy on I-83 drivers: What you need to know in Maryland
- Rogers on New traffic control technology could be coming for U.S. 15 in northern York County
- Barry Ness on Speak out on transportation issues during online public meeting
- Rae on Police: No child abductions — or attempts — have been linked to group selling educational materials
Category Archives: Commuting
Gov. Tom Corbett signed the transportation funding bill today, according to a news release. It will invest an additional $2.3 billion to $2.4 billion in roads, bridges and mass transportation around the state, the news release says. Here in York … Continue reading
There’s a new traffic pattern at Eastern York high and middle schools because of construction on Cool Creek Road. Crews have been working to realign Cool Creek Road between Adams and Nursery roads in Lower Windsor Township, according to a … Continue reading
Maybe you saw crews working this week on the Route 74 bridge over the Little Conewago Creek on the border of Dover and West Manchester townships and wondered what was happening. Traffic was reduced to a single-lane at least a … Continue reading
If you travel Interstate 83 or any other roads in Maryland, you need to remember that the new, hand-held cellphone ban is now in effect. Drivers can be pulled over if police see them holding a cellphone to their ear, … Continue reading
Drivers should watch out for construction along Interstate 83 in southern York County this week, according to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation. Weather permitting, maintenance crews will be working in the following areas: Tuesday: Making repairs in the left southbound … Continue reading
Will you try riding the bus or Amtrak in September? Commuter Services of Pennsylvania is kicking off its third annual Try Transit Month in September, and it is encouraging residents to try using public transportation. Those who do could win … Continue reading
Do you drive through the York Split — the Interstate 83 and Route 581 interchange — on a daily basis? If you do, you might want to attend a public meeting Wednesday night to hear more about the construction work … Continue reading
It should be a little easier now for commuters to find alternatives to driving alone. Commuter Services of Pennsylvania recently launched a redesigned, mobile-enabled website to help people find information about commuting options, such as carpooling, vanpooling, mass transit and … Continue reading
Pennsylvania State Police will begin initiatives that focus on highway safety that should continue through the next month, according to a news release issued Tuesday. The Commercial Vehicle Focusing on Cellular User Safety (FOCUS) project will focus on cracking down … Continue reading
How do find out about a crash tying up traffic on Interstate 83 or how far the backlog is during your morning commute to Harrisburg? Do you turn to 511PA? Watch for any information on those electronic signs? Tune to … Continue reading