Welcome to the Complaint Dept.Have a pet peeve about your community? A quality of life issue that's driving you nuts? Terrible roads? Nasty potholes? Crime problems? Improve York County by flagging problems for us to investigate and help resolve. We can't promise your problem will be fixed, but we can shine a light make to sure local officials are aware of it. Use the map at left to report issues. Or email us at email@example.com.
How it worksUse this interactive map to notify neighbors and local officials about problems such as potholes, broken street lights, flood-prone dips and road hazards, as well as graffiti and other eyesores.
1. Click the "Report" tab on the left side of the map below. Enter the address or use the map marker to navigate to the area where the issue you want to report is located on the map below. (Use the controls in the upper left corner to move the map around the window or zoom in and out.).
2. Once you have mapped the location of your issue, click next to start step 2.
3. Enter a summary of your issue, such as "Large pothole" or "Broken streetlight". Once you've entered a summary, you can then fill out a more detailed description of the issue and even attach a photograph. After this is complete, enter a display name, such as "John" or "Anonymous,” as well as a valid email address. After you've completed all the fields, press submit to create a public report of your issue.
Go mobileDownload the SeeClickFix app from the Android Market or iTunes to report issues as you are out and about.
- Kelly on I-83 drivers: Traffic will be detoured in Maryland next week
- Andy on I-83 drivers: What you need to know in Maryland
- Rogers on New traffic control technology could be coming for U.S. 15 in northern York County
- Barry Ness on Speak out on transportation issues during online public meeting
- Rae on Police: No child abductions — or attempts — have been linked to group selling educational materials
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
Category Archives: Intersections
The removal of the Chambers Road traffic signal has been postponed because of the snow storm, according to Greg Penny, a spokesman for the state Department of Transportation. It is now scheduled to be removed on Thursday, he said in … Continue reading
The light at the intersection of Route 124 and Chambers Road in York Township is coming down. It was expected to be removed today, but the work had to be pushed back because of the cold weather, said Greg Penny, … Continue reading
View Larger Map Have you noticed a problem recently with the traffic light on North Hills Road at Industrial Highway in Springettsbury Township? A reader recently wrote a letter that the light beyond the railroad tracks does not seem … Continue reading
View Larger Map A reader posted on SeeClickFix that a washboard intersection in Lemoyne was reported nearly a year ago, but nothing has changed. The intersection is at Hummel Avenue and S. 10th St. It’s not far from the York … Continue reading
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation revealed a YouTube channel on Monday to help keep drivers up to date on road conditions, according to a news release. So far on the channel, users can find: Time lapse video from the May … Continue reading
Recently, a reader posted on SeeClickFix about a timing problem with the traffic light at West Market Street and Highland Avenue in West York. The light was staying green for much longer for those traveling on Highland Avenue, the reader … Continue reading
Johnson Controls is eyeing a property in Hopewell Township for the relocation of its test labs for commercial air-conditioners. But what’s good news for job seekers might mean bad news for commuters. The Shrewsbury interchange off Exit 4 of Interstate … Continue reading
A new stop sign will be installed at the intersection of Pleasant Valley, Webb and Woolen Mill roads in Hopewell Township, according to the state Department of Transportation. The current intersection has stop signs in three directions. The new configuration … Continue reading
Ever since Sheetz opened at the intersection of Toronita Street and Route 30, it’s been a nightmare. And now that Cheddars has been added to the mix, it’s become worse. During peak hours, especially, traffic comes to a standstill at … Continue reading
I’ve lived in York for two years and it doesn’t matter how many times I’ve traveled down North Queen Street to cut across Arch to George Street — I’ve had to swerve or slam on my brakes to avoid nailing … Continue reading