Welcome to the Complaint Dept.Have a pet peeve about your community? A quality of life issue that's driving you nuts? Terrible roads? Nasty potholes? Crime problems? Improve York County by flagging problems for us to investigate and help resolve. We can't promise your problem will be fixed, but we can shine a light make to sure local officials are aware of it. Use the map at left to report issues. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How it worksUse this interactive map to notify neighbors and local officials about problems such as potholes, broken street lights, flood-prone dips and road hazards, as well as graffiti and other eyesores.
1. Click the "Report" tab on the left side of the map below. Enter the address or use the map marker to navigate to the area where the issue you want to report is located on the map below. (Use the controls in the upper left corner to move the map around the window or zoom in and out.).
2. Once you have mapped the location of your issue, click next to start step 2.
3. Enter a summary of your issue, such as "Large pothole" or "Broken streetlight". Once you've entered a summary, you can then fill out a more detailed description of the issue and even attach a photograph. After this is complete, enter a display name, such as "John" or "Anonymous,” as well as a valid email address. After you've completed all the fields, press submit to create a public report of your issue.
Go mobileDownload the SeeClickFix app from the Android Market or iTunes to report issues as you are out and about.
- Should PennDOT release the potential list of bridge and road projects that could be funded?
- BBB and one York Township resident warn against ‘US Airlines’ scam
- Plants stolen from Left Bank Restaurant in York
- At least three projects in York County could be funded if Senate Bill 1 passes as proposed
- See how a “diverging diamond interchange” — proposed for the Shrewsbury exit of I-83 — works
- JT on Should PennDOT release the potential list of bridge and road projects that could be funded?
- Jenni Sipe on When it comes to the cost: Big company or small shops?
- Douglas Gitt on After years of waiting, widening of the “York split” expected to start this summer
- Marcel on Use this map to report problems in York County – see posts below for stories on efforts to resolve issues
- best golf gps 2012 on Use this map to report problems in York County – see posts below for stories on efforts to resolve issues
Category Archives: Litter
The York County Conservation District, and a bunch of other good folks, are planning to do two big cleanups this month. On March 24, the Lower Susquehanna Riverkeeper, PPL Corp and the Watershed Alliance of York will be cleaning up … Continue reading
Here’s a great opportunity for people to roll up their sleeves, pull on their hip boots and actually get out there and help “fix York County.” Following is a news release we received from Gary Peacock of the York County … Continue reading
Ever notice the plastic bags dotting the properties that border Route 30 and Roosevelt Avenue on the side where there is a grocery store, banks and a strip of land that serves as a buffer from the roads? The other … Continue reading
The twenty-somethings over at the Twenty & Change blog talk about things they would like to see fixed in York County. They focused on such issues as city potholes, nightlife for young people in southern York County, green space in … Continue reading
Quite literally. There is trash everywhere. I pick junk mail addressed to people I have never met from the mint growing in front of my house on a daily basis. While shoveling snow a couple of weeks ago, I uncovered … Continue reading
A recent hike along the Northern Extension of the York County Heritage Rail Trail shows this section will be an excellent addition to the trail once it is completed from John Rudy County Park to downtown York. Unfortunately, though, the … Continue reading