Welcome to the Complaint Dept.Have a pet peeve about your community? A quality of life issue that's driving you nuts? Terrible roads? Nasty potholes? Crime problems? Improve York County by flagging problems for us to investigate and help resolve. We can't promise your problem will be fixed, but we can shine a light make to sure local officials are aware of it. Use the map at left to report issues. Or email us at email@example.com.
How it worksUse this interactive map to notify neighbors and local officials about problems such as potholes, broken street lights, flood-prone dips and road hazards, as well as graffiti and other eyesores.
1. Click the "Report" tab on the left side of the map below. Enter the address or use the map marker to navigate to the area where the issue you want to report is located on the map below. (Use the controls in the upper left corner to move the map around the window or zoom in and out.).
2. Once you have mapped the location of your issue, click next to start step 2.
3. Enter a summary of your issue, such as "Large pothole" or "Broken streetlight". Once you've entered a summary, you can then fill out a more detailed description of the issue and even attach a photograph. After this is complete, enter a display name, such as "John" or "Anonymous,” as well as a valid email address. After you've completed all the fields, press submit to create a public report of your issue.
Go mobileDownload the SeeClickFix app from the Android Market or iTunes to report issues as you are out and about.
- Traffic light at Mount Rose Avenue and Chambers Road to come down next week
- Governor signs transportation bill; money will pay for widening of I-83 in York area
- I-83 drivers: Traffic will be detoured in Maryland next week
- New eastbound Route 22 bridge opens after fiery tanker crash in May
- Pennsylvania still ranks 5th for deer vs. vehicle crashes, State Farm says
- Kelly on I-83 drivers: Traffic will be detoured in Maryland next week
- Andy on I-83 drivers: What you need to know in Maryland
- Rogers on New traffic control technology could be coming for U.S. 15 in northern York County
- Barry Ness on Speak out on transportation issues during online public meeting
- Rae on Police: No child abductions — or attempts — have been linked to group selling educational materials
Category Archives: Roads
Drivers should watch out for construction along Interstate 83 in southern York County this week, according to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation. Weather permitting, maintenance crews will be working in the following areas: Tuesday: Making repairs in the left southbound … Continue reading
Do you drive through the York Split — the Interstate 83 and Route 581 interchange — on a daily basis? If you do, you might want to attend a public meeting Wednesday night to hear more about the construction work … Continue reading
Claire Bradshaw said her truck and trailer recently sustained about $1,000 damage from being splattered with yellow paint from a line painting operation. Crews had been painting the yellow lines on Route 74. “I picked the paint up off the … Continue reading
View Larger Map A reader posted on SeeClickFix that a washboard intersection in Lemoyne was reported nearly a year ago, but nothing has changed. The intersection is at Hummel Avenue and S. 10th St. It’s not far from the York … Continue reading
Today will mark a week since the closure of the ramp from Interstate 83 South to Route 30 East. The ramp had to be closed because of its close proximity to the I-83 bridge, which is being rehabilitated, according to … Continue reading
How do find out about a crash tying up traffic on Interstate 83 or how far the backlog is during your morning commute to Harrisburg? Do you turn to 511PA? Watch for any information on those electronic signs? Tune to … Continue reading
Route 74 traffic light in Dover Township keeps changing during overnight hours, even without oncoming traffic
We often hear about traffic problems during the day, such as traffic jams at rush hour. But one reader recently commented on SeeClickFix about a problem he sees at 1 a.m. every day on Route 74 in Dover Township. A … Continue reading
A report released last week by a national transportation organization listed the most congested roads in the Harrisburg, York and Lancaster area. Five of the 14 corridors on the list are in York County. It’s costing drivers not only extra … Continue reading
Trying to track down which bridge and road projects in York County could be funded through state transportation proposals has been anything but easy. That’s because, as the Associated Press reported today, the information is only available to legislators through … Continue reading
There’s some good news for Harrisburg commuters: The widening of the “York split” is expected to begin later this summer. The new Lowther Street bridge over Interstate 83 just opened this week to one lane of traffic in each direction, … Continue reading