Welcome to the Complaint Dept.Have a pet peeve about your community? A quality of life issue that's driving you nuts? Terrible roads? Nasty potholes? Crime problems? Improve York County by flagging problems for us to investigate and help resolve. We can't promise your problem will be fixed, but we can shine a light make to sure local officials are aware of it. Use the map at left to report issues. Or email us at email@example.com.
How it worksUse this interactive map to notify neighbors and local officials about problems such as potholes, broken street lights, flood-prone dips and road hazards, as well as graffiti and other eyesores.
1. Click the "Report" tab on the left side of the map below. Enter the address or use the map marker to navigate to the area where the issue you want to report is located on the map below. (Use the controls in the upper left corner to move the map around the window or zoom in and out.).
2. Once you have mapped the location of your issue, click next to start step 2.
3. Enter a summary of your issue, such as "Large pothole" or "Broken streetlight". Once you've entered a summary, you can then fill out a more detailed description of the issue and even attach a photograph. After this is complete, enter a display name, such as "John" or "Anonymous,” as well as a valid email address. After you've completed all the fields, press submit to create a public report of your issue.
Go mobileDownload the SeeClickFix app from the Android Market or iTunes to report issues as you are out and about.
- Police in York County conduct active shooter drills
- Maryland commuters: New law will make it easier for police to stop drivers using cell phones
- YAUFR provides hundreds of smoke alarms through grant program
- Stewartstown Railroad leases locomotive to Steam Into History Inc.
- Has the Post Office called you back lately?
- Marcel on Use this map to report problems in York County – see posts below for stories on efforts to resolve issues
- best golf gps 2012 on Use this map to report problems in York County – see posts below for stories on efforts to resolve issues
- kate on Driver: More signs needed to warn motorists about closure on Springwood Road in York Township
- Rail trail User on Help keep the Rail Trail beautiful in York
- Kate Penn on Help keep the Rail Trail beautiful in York
Category Archives: Roads
Roxanne Wisnewski and her husband recently were trying to get from Springettsbury Township to Red Lion only to run into a roadblock. They used Camp Betty Washington, then turned onto Springwood Road to head to Chapel Church Road. Near Chapel … Continue reading
Nearly 10 years ago, I wrote a story about what state Department of Transportation employees find while “spring cleaning” the roads. Ladies’ underwear, discarded guns, needles, briefcases, and money is just a sampling of what have picked up. Many volunteers … Continue reading
Maryland commuters: You might be stuck in traffic on Interstate 83 next week for roadwork. Starting Tuesday night, all lanes of I-83 will be closed briefly overnight in the area of the Exit 31 in Baltimore County. Crews will be … Continue reading
Route 616 residents might be able to place rocks on their property to prevent crashes into their homes
Last month, we had written a story about how some residents along Route 616 were concerned about three recent crashes in their neighborhood. Two of the vehicles had crashed into houses, and a third narrowly missed a home. The residents … Continue reading
If you have been sitting in traffic that has backed up on the off ramps of Interstate 83, transportation planners want to hear from you. The York County Planning Commission has been studying about 14 off-ramps of I-83 to see … Continue reading
View Larger Map Didn’t see much construction work on Lehman Road in North Codorus Township this week? Crews were doing preparation work for the realignment project, Greg Penny, spokesman for the state Department of Transportation, said in an email. The … Continue reading
I’ve lived in York for two years and it doesn’t matter how many times I’ve traveled down North Queen Street to cut across Arch to George Street — I’ve had to swerve or slam on my brakes to avoid nailing … Continue reading
Crews will be out oil and chipping roads in York County this week, including along Codorus Furnace Road between Accomac Road and Route 24 in Hellam and East Manchester townships. It is considered to be an effective tool for sealing … Continue reading
PennDOT had expected the construction on Route 124 — also known as East Prospect Road — to be completed, or at least far enough along that the road could be re-opened, by July 26. Which would have been good news … Continue reading
This editorial from the York Daily Record focuses on the Heritage Rail Trail and a bridge over the Codorus Creek.