Welcome to the Complaint Dept.Have a pet peeve about your community? A quality of life issue that's driving you nuts? Terrible roads? Nasty potholes? Crime problems? Improve York County by flagging problems for us to investigate and help resolve. We can't promise your problem will be fixed, but we can shine a light make to sure local officials are aware of it. Use the map at left to report issues. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How it worksUse this interactive map to notify neighbors and local officials about problems such as potholes, broken street lights, flood-prone dips and road hazards, as well as graffiti and other eyesores.
1. Click the "Report" tab on the left side of the map below. Enter the address or use the map marker to navigate to the area where the issue you want to report is located on the map below. (Use the controls in the upper left corner to move the map around the window or zoom in and out.).
2. Once you have mapped the location of your issue, click next to start step 2.
3. Enter a summary of your issue, such as "Large pothole" or "Broken streetlight". Once you've entered a summary, you can then fill out a more detailed description of the issue and even attach a photograph. After this is complete, enter a display name, such as "John" or "Anonymous,” as well as a valid email address. After you've completed all the fields, press submit to create a public report of your issue.
Go mobileDownload the SeeClickFix app from the Android Market or iTunes to report issues as you are out and about.
- Police in York County conduct active shooter drills
- Maryland commuters: New law will make it easier for police to stop drivers using cell phones
- YAUFR provides hundreds of smoke alarms through grant program
- Stewartstown Railroad leases locomotive to Steam Into History Inc.
- Has the Post Office called you back lately?
- Marcel on Use this map to report problems in York County – see posts below for stories on efforts to resolve issues
- best golf gps 2012 on Use this map to report problems in York County – see posts below for stories on efforts to resolve issues
- kate on Driver: More signs needed to warn motorists about closure on Springwood Road in York Township
- Rail trail User on Help keep the Rail Trail beautiful in York
- Kate Penn on Help keep the Rail Trail beautiful in York
Category Archives: Traffic
There were fewer crashes on highways across the state last year. The number of fatalities increased slightly; however, highways deaths in 2012 are the third lowest on record, according to a news release from the state Department of Transportation. Here’s … Continue reading
Maryland commuters: You might be stuck in traffic on Interstate 83 next week for roadwork. Starting Tuesday night, all lanes of I-83 will be closed briefly overnight in the area of the Exit 31 in Baltimore County. Crews will be … Continue reading
Prepare for some pain overnight Tuesday on Interstate 83. More rolling roadblocks are planned for utility work. They will start at 11 p.m. Tuesday and continue until 5 a.m. Wednesday, said Kathy Seilhamer, a spokeswoman for Met-Ed.
A reader recently asked when work on the Route 30 bridge over the Susquehanna River will be finished. It will be this spring, said Mike Crochunis, a spokesman for the state Department of Transportation. More work was added to the … Continue reading
Interstate 83 drivers beware: The right southbound lane between Route 30 and Sherman Street will be closed tonight for more utility work in the area. The closure will be in effect between 9 p.m. and midnight, said Kathy Seilhamer, a spokeswoman … Continue reading
Recently, a reader posted on SeeClickFix about a timing problem with the traffic light at West Market Street and Highland Avenue in West York. The light was staying green for much longer for those traveling on Highland Avenue, the reader … Continue reading
Sherrie Cole said she awoke early Monday morning to what she thought was an explosion and heard sirens a short time later. It turned out that someone ran off the road and nearly crashed into a home in the 1500 … Continue reading
If you travel Interstate 83 at night, you’ll want to be aware of some brief traffic stops that are planned for overnight Friday and Monday. Crews plan to set six bridge beams each night at the Loganville interchange, which is … Continue reading
Crews were not out today to inspect the Route 372 bridge (the Norman Wood Bridge) over the Susquehanna River in southeastern York County because of the inclement weather. However, they are expected to be out there tomorrow, said Mike Crochunis, … Continue reading
Johnson Controls is eyeing a property in Hopewell Township for the relocation of its test labs for commercial air-conditioners. But what’s good news for job seekers might mean bad news for commuters. The Shrewsbury interchange off Exit 4 of Interstate … Continue reading