Welcome to the Complaint Dept.Have a pet peeve about your community? A quality of life issue that's driving you nuts? Terrible roads? Nasty potholes? Crime problems? Improve York County by flagging problems for us to investigate and help resolve. We can't promise your problem will be fixed, but we can shine a light make to sure local officials are aware of it. Use the map at left to report issues. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How it worksUse this interactive map to notify neighbors and local officials about problems such as potholes, broken street lights, flood-prone dips and road hazards, as well as graffiti and other eyesores.
1. Click the "Report" tab on the left side of the map below. Enter the address or use the map marker to navigate to the area where the issue you want to report is located on the map below. (Use the controls in the upper left corner to move the map around the window or zoom in and out.).
2. Once you have mapped the location of your issue, click next to start step 2.
3. Enter a summary of your issue, such as "Large pothole" or "Broken streetlight". Once you've entered a summary, you can then fill out a more detailed description of the issue and even attach a photograph. After this is complete, enter a display name, such as "John" or "Anonymous,” as well as a valid email address. After you've completed all the fields, press submit to create a public report of your issue.
Go mobileDownload the SeeClickFix app from the Android Market or iTunes to report issues as you are out and about.
- Furnishings from Budget Host Inn, other business sold in online auction
- Cameras will be required in new cars to prevent “back overs”
- Historical marker for Thomas Cresap relocated in Lower Windsor Township
- Will you volunteer to spring clean the roads?
- Bridge over Codorus Creek closes because it is no longer safe
- Kelly on I-83 drivers: Traffic will be detoured in Maryland next week
- Andy on I-83 drivers: What you need to know in Maryland
- Rogers on New traffic control technology could be coming for U.S. 15 in northern York County
- Barry Ness on Speak out on transportation issues during online public meeting
- Rae on Police: No child abductions — or attempts — have been linked to group selling educational materials
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
Category Archives: Traffic
A bridge in York County closed last week after a recent inspection, said Steve Malesker, senior project manager with C.S. Davidson Inc. The Hayrick Road bridge over the Codorus Creek at the Heidelberg and North Codorus Township line was closed … Continue reading
A reader has been in touch with me about a sign that has been tilted — and now totally flipped — on Leader Heights Road in York Township. The sign indicates to drivers heading east on Leader Heights Road which … Continue reading
The removal of the Chambers Road traffic signal has been postponed because of the snow storm, according to Greg Penny, a spokesman for the state Department of Transportation. It is now scheduled to be removed on Thursday, he said in … Continue reading
Gov. Tom Corbett signed the transportation funding bill today, according to a news release. It will invest an additional $2.3 billion to $2.4 billion in roads, bridges and mass transportation around the state, the news release says. Here in York … Continue reading
There’s a new traffic pattern at Eastern York high and middle schools because of construction on Cool Creek Road. Crews have been working to realign Cool Creek Road between Adams and Nursery roads in Lower Windsor Township, according to a … Continue reading
Drivers should watch out for construction along Interstate 83 in southern York County this week, according to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation. Weather permitting, maintenance crews will be working in the following areas: Tuesday: Making repairs in the left southbound … Continue reading
Claire Bradshaw said her truck and trailer recently sustained about $1,000 damage from being splattered with yellow paint from a line painting operation. Crews had been painting the yellow lines on Route 74. “I picked the paint up off the … Continue reading
View Larger Map A reader posted on SeeClickFix that a washboard intersection in Lemoyne was reported nearly a year ago, but nothing has changed. The intersection is at Hummel Avenue and S. 10th St. It’s not far from the York … Continue reading
It should be a little easier now for commuters to find alternatives to driving alone. Commuter Services of Pennsylvania recently launched a redesigned, mobile-enabled website to help people find information about commuting options, such as carpooling, vanpooling, mass transit and … Continue reading
A bucket boat is back for more bridge inspections in York. C.S. Davidson Inc. will be using the boat today to conduct routine inspections of the Philadelphia, Market, King and Princess street bridges, said Steve Malesker, senior project manager with … Continue reading