Welcome to the Complaint Dept.Have a pet peeve about your community? A quality of life issue that's driving you nuts? Terrible roads? Nasty potholes? Crime problems? Improve York County by flagging problems for us to investigate and help resolve. We can't promise your problem will be fixed, but we can shine a light make to sure local officials are aware of it. Use the map at left to report issues. Or email us at email@example.com.
How it worksUse this interactive map to notify neighbors and local officials about problems such as potholes, broken street lights, flood-prone dips and road hazards, as well as graffiti and other eyesores.
1. Click the "Report" tab on the left side of the map below. Enter the address or use the map marker to navigate to the area where the issue you want to report is located on the map below. (Use the controls in the upper left corner to move the map around the window or zoom in and out.).
2. Once you have mapped the location of your issue, click next to start step 2.
3. Enter a summary of your issue, such as "Large pothole" or "Broken streetlight". Once you've entered a summary, you can then fill out a more detailed description of the issue and even attach a photograph. After this is complete, enter a display name, such as "John" or "Anonymous,” as well as a valid email address. After you've completed all the fields, press submit to create a public report of your issue.
Go mobileDownload the SeeClickFix app from the Android Market or iTunes to report issues as you are out and about.
- Governor signs transportation bill; money will pay for widening of I-83 in York area
- I-83 drivers: Traffic will be detoured in Maryland next week
- New eastbound Route 22 bridge opens after fiery tanker crash in May
- Pennsylvania still ranks 5th for deer vs. vehicle crashes, State Farm says
- New traffic pattern in effect at Eastern York high and middle schools
- Kelly on I-83 drivers: Traffic will be detoured in Maryland next week
- Andy on I-83 drivers: What you need to know in Maryland
- Rogers on New traffic control technology could be coming for U.S. 15 in northern York County
- Barry Ness on Speak out on transportation issues during online public meeting
- Rae on Police: No child abductions — or attempts — have been linked to group selling educational materials
Category Archives: Travel
If you travel Interstate 83 or any other roads in Maryland, you need to remember that the new, hand-held cellphone ban is now in effect. Drivers can be pulled over if police see them holding a cellphone to their ear, … Continue reading
Now that the weather has turned warmer, drivers will be seeing line painting crews out on the road. During the next several months, crews with the state Department of Transportation will be painting more than 120,000 miles of traffic lines … Continue reading
Friday’s warmer temperatures sent my fiance and I to the streets to get a little fresh air. As York residents, I like to take advantage of the easy walking that can come from living downtown. After exploring some downtown businesses, … Continue reading
Johnson Controls is eyeing a property in Hopewell Township for the relocation of its test labs for commercial air-conditioners. But what’s good news for job seekers might mean bad news for commuters. The Shrewsbury interchange off Exit 4 of Interstate … Continue reading
If you have traveled Interstate 83 in the area of the Sherman Street bridge recently, you probably noticed the highway is a little rough. That’s because crews will paving about a 2.5-mile stretch of the highway. Why, you wonder? It … Continue reading
A major reconstruction project on Interstate 83 in the area of the Pennsylvania Turnpike is almost done, said Greg Penny, a spokesman for the state Department of Transportation. The final inspection is finished, and the contractor just has to address … Continue reading
The Pennsylvania State Police will be conducting numerous child safety seat checks throughout the state between Sept. 16 and 20 during National Child Passenger Safety Week. Anyone interested in having their child seat checked can make an appointment at their … Continue reading
Have you ever run into a problem with directions given by your GPS unit? Recently, a 22-year-old man was burned at a party in Maryland, and another person tried to take him to the nearest medical facility. The GPS unit, … Continue reading