Welcome to the Complaint Dept.Have a pet peeve about your community? A quality of life issue that's driving you nuts? Terrible roads? Nasty potholes? Crime problems? Improve York County by flagging problems for us to investigate and help resolve. We can't promise your problem will be fixed, but we can shine a light make to sure local officials are aware of it. Use the map at left to report issues. Or email us at email@example.com.
How it worksUse this interactive map to notify neighbors and local officials about problems such as potholes, broken street lights, flood-prone dips and road hazards, as well as graffiti and other eyesores.
1. Click the "Report" tab on the left side of the map below. Enter the address or use the map marker to navigate to the area where the issue you want to report is located on the map below. (Use the controls in the upper left corner to move the map around the window or zoom in and out.).
2. Once you have mapped the location of your issue, click next to start step 2.
3. Enter a summary of your issue, such as "Large pothole" or "Broken streetlight". Once you've entered a summary, you can then fill out a more detailed description of the issue and even attach a photograph. After this is complete, enter a display name, such as "John" or "Anonymous,” as well as a valid email address. After you've completed all the fields, press submit to create a public report of your issue.
Go mobileDownload the SeeClickFix app from the Android Market or iTunes to report issues as you are out and about.
- Michelle Tyson on New 3-way stop at Chambers/Camp Betty Washington intersection should help traffic move more safely, PennDOT says
- Kelly on I-83 drivers: Traffic will be detoured in Maryland next week
- Andy on I-83 drivers: What you need to know in Maryland
- Rogers on New traffic control technology could be coming for U.S. 15 in northern York County
- Barry Ness on Speak out on transportation issues during online public meeting
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
Category Archives: Uncategorized
A historic bridge in northern York County recently was moved to Dover Township. The span, which was built in 1890, was removed from Meadow View Road over the North Branch to the Bermudian Creek in Franklin Township so that it … Continue reading
Resist the urge to merge early, which creates long traffic backups.
Crews have started installing new cast iron lanterns on the piers of Veterans Memorial Bridge, which spans the Susquehanna River between Columbia and Wrightsville. The span is returning to its 1930s look. “I think it looks great,” said Sam Sulkosky, … Continue reading
Heavy rainfall from a storm is expected Wednesday, and a flash flood watch will be in effect tonight through Thursday morning, said Greg DeVoir, lead forecaster with the National Weather Service. A total of 2-4 inches is expected through the … Continue reading
A new rule released Monday will require rear view cameras in new vehicles under 10,000 pounds to help prevent drivers from backing into people, according to a news release from Kids and Cars Inc. Even with using three mirrors, drivers … Continue reading
An historic marker for Thomas Cresap has been relocated to the original site of his home in Lower Windsor Township, according to a news release from the Susquehanna Gateway Heritage Area. Cresap settled at Pleasant Garden in 1729. This was … Continue reading
Earlier this month, a reader contacted us about a “boom” that was heard in the Dover area on New Year’s Day. Jeri Jones of Jones Geological Services looked into the issue a little more, and he thinks that “frost quakes” … Continue reading
A reader contacted us recently about a boom heard in the Dover area on New Year’s Day. He said that many people reported hearing it, and some said their houses shook. It happened around 3 p.m. So I called Jeri … Continue reading
Interstate 83 traffic will be detoured overnight Monday and Tuesday in northern Maryland, according to the State Highway Administration. That’s because crews will be setting beams for the Middletown Road bridge in northern Baltimore County, the agency said in a … Continue reading
A bridge at a major Interstate 81 interchange in the Harrisburg area has reopened after the fiery tanker crash in May. The eastbound Route 22 bridge over I-81 is back in service, according to the state Department of Transportation. The … Continue reading