Welcome to the Complaint Dept.Have a pet peeve about your community? A quality of life issue that's driving you nuts? Terrible roads? Nasty potholes? Crime problems? Improve York County by flagging problems for us to investigate and help resolve. We can't promise your problem will be fixed, but we can shine a light make to sure local officials are aware of it. Use the map at left to report issues. Or email us at email@example.com.
How it worksUse this interactive map to notify neighbors and local officials about problems such as potholes, broken street lights, flood-prone dips and road hazards, as well as graffiti and other eyesores.
1. Click the "Report" tab on the left side of the map below. Enter the address or use the map marker to navigate to the area where the issue you want to report is located on the map below. (Use the controls in the upper left corner to move the map around the window or zoom in and out.).
2. Once you have mapped the location of your issue, click next to start step 2.
3. Enter a summary of your issue, such as "Large pothole" or "Broken streetlight". Once you've entered a summary, you can then fill out a more detailed description of the issue and even attach a photograph. After this is complete, enter a display name, such as "John" or "Anonymous,” as well as a valid email address. After you've completed all the fields, press submit to create a public report of your issue.
Go mobileDownload the SeeClickFix app from the Android Market or iTunes to report issues as you are out and about.
- JT on How should roads and bridges that flood be addressed?
- Dan Shenberger on Traffic light might not be the solution for this intersection
- Michelle Tyson on New 3-way stop at Chambers/Camp Betty Washington intersection should help traffic move more safely, PennDOT says
- Check this Out on Use this map to report problems in York County – see posts below for stories on efforts to resolve issues
- Jen Miller on Did you hear a boom or feel the house shake on New Year’s Day?
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
Category Archives: Weather
How do find out about a crash tying up traffic on Interstate 83 or how far the backlog is during your morning commute to Harrisburg? Do you turn to 511PA? Watch for any information on those electronic signs? Tune to … Continue reading
Now that the weather has turned warmer, drivers will be seeing line painting crews out on the road. During the next several months, crews with the state Department of Transportation will be painting more than 120,000 miles of traffic lines … Continue reading
It looks like York County could receive its first decent snowfall of the season after all. Forecasters are calling for up to 6 inches when this storm is expected to roll through Tuesday into Wednesday. It will not be like the … Continue reading
Could York County face a major winter storm next week? Maybe, D. J. Hoffman, meteorologist with AccuWeather.com, said late Friday night. The low-pressure system currently is in the Gulf of Alaska, he said. It will move across the country and … Continue reading
Could a big winter storm be on the way for this weekend? It’s possible, said Erik Pindrock, meteorologist with AccuWeather.com. The company sent out a news release Monday afternoon warning of a potential, major Eastern snowstorm for the weekend. Here’s … Continue reading
Extreme weather shattered 3,527 monthly records across the county last year, according to the Natural Resources Defense Council, an international, nonprofit environmental organization. And that’s up from the 3,251 monthly records broken in 2011, the organization reported Tuesday. In Pennsylvania, … Continue reading
Wednesday’s snow was just a preview of things to come, apparently. The National Weather Service, Accuweather.com, the Weather Channel and all of the local meteorologists are in snow emergency mode, predicting two to four inches of snow Saturday. The snow … Continue reading
It has been mild so far this month — a disappointment for snow lovers. So how warm has it been? The temperature has been 7.1 degrees above normal so far this month, said Andy Mussoline, meteorologist with AccuWeather.com. The average … Continue reading
A few drivers drove around “road closed” barricades and got stuck in floodwater during Hurricane Sandy. They could be cited and fined under a new state law for doing so. The water got pretty deep for some of those vehicles. … Continue reading