Welcome to the Complaint Dept.Have a pet peeve about your community? A quality of life issue that's driving you nuts? Terrible roads? Nasty potholes? Crime problems? Improve York County by flagging problems for us to investigate and help resolve. We can't promise your problem will be fixed, but we can shine a light make to sure local officials are aware of it. Use the map at left to report issues. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How it worksUse this interactive map to notify neighbors and local officials about problems such as potholes, broken street lights, flood-prone dips and road hazards, as well as graffiti and other eyesores.
1. Click the "Report" tab on the left side of the map below. Enter the address or use the map marker to navigate to the area where the issue you want to report is located on the map below. (Use the controls in the upper left corner to move the map around the window or zoom in and out.).
2. Once you have mapped the location of your issue, click next to start step 2.
3. Enter a summary of your issue, such as "Large pothole" or "Broken streetlight". Once you've entered a summary, you can then fill out a more detailed description of the issue and even attach a photograph. After this is complete, enter a display name, such as "John" or "Anonymous,” as well as a valid email address. After you've completed all the fields, press submit to create a public report of your issue.
Go mobileDownload the SeeClickFix app from the Android Market or iTunes to report issues as you are out and about.
- Governor signs transportation bill; money will pay for widening of I-83 in York area
- I-83 drivers: Traffic will be detoured in Maryland next week
- New eastbound Route 22 bridge opens after fiery tanker crash in May
- Pennsylvania still ranks 5th for deer vs. vehicle crashes, State Farm says
- New traffic pattern in effect at Eastern York high and middle schools
- Kelly on I-83 drivers: Traffic will be detoured in Maryland next week
- Andy on I-83 drivers: What you need to know in Maryland
- Rogers on New traffic control technology could be coming for U.S. 15 in northern York County
- Barry Ness on Speak out on transportation issues during online public meeting
- Rae on Police: No child abductions — or attempts — have been linked to group selling educational materials
Tag Archives: crime
Northeastern Regional Police posted this message on its Facebook page earlier today: Please lock your car up and hide your valuables. We are seeing an increase of thefts from vehicles in the past few weeks. Unlocked cars are being entered … Continue reading
Get ready to dust off your putters. The York County Children’s Advocacy Center is hosting the 5th Annual Mini Golf Marathon at Heritage Hills Golf Resort, 2700 Mount Rose Ave. noon to midnight Aug. 9. The York County Children’s Advocacy … Continue reading
The York County Missing Child Task Force will host a 5k run, 1 mile walk and kids’ fun run Sept. 21 to help raise funds for the team and cover expenses for Lt. Lou, the tracking hound for the task … Continue reading
Northern York County Regional Police made a request of the public recently: Please take care of the park: “As summer arrives and more people begin to use the park please be mindful of what you bring to the park and … Continue reading
National Night Out isn’t until Aug. 6, but York city is already looking for ideas for what they are calling a “going away party” for drugs and crime. The York City Police Department and the community have participated in National … Continue reading
Several police departments took part in active shooter drills in an effort to be prepared should any such incident take place at schools within their jurisdictions. Security officers from Harrisburg Area Community College’s York campus and members of the York … Continue reading
Wrightsville’s Mayor Neil Habecker released a statement about the borough’s newest police chief — Ron Hege. Hege was sworn in during the Oct. 1, 2012 borough meeting and has since been looking for ways to update how the department works, Habecker … Continue reading
After nearly seven years on the police force, Brando is retiring. The Hungarian-born K-9 is starting to feel the daily vigorous activity his job demands, said Tiffany Ayres, hospital administrator for Patton Veterinary Hospital. The hospital hosts several community events each year and … Continue reading
West York Police recently updated its website to include a police blotter, news stories, alerts and a crime tip page. Click here to check it out. Under a new “wanted persons” tab, police can post suspects it has warrants for. … Continue reading
Newberry Township Police posted this video of its K-9 Tazer to the department’s Facebook page earlier this week. The responses were all positive for the unique work that Tazer does within the department. Tazer’s handler, Officer Chris Martinez, has worked … Continue reading