Welcome to the Complaint Dept.Have a pet peeve about your community? A quality of life issue that's driving you nuts? Terrible roads? Nasty potholes? Crime problems? Improve York County by flagging problems for us to investigate and help resolve. We can't promise your problem will be fixed, but we can shine a light make to sure local officials are aware of it. Use the map at left to report issues. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How it worksUse this interactive map to notify neighbors and local officials about problems such as potholes, broken street lights, flood-prone dips and road hazards, as well as graffiti and other eyesores.
1. Click the "Report" tab on the left side of the map below. Enter the address or use the map marker to navigate to the area where the issue you want to report is located on the map below. (Use the controls in the upper left corner to move the map around the window or zoom in and out.).
2. Once you have mapped the location of your issue, click next to start step 2.
3. Enter a summary of your issue, such as "Large pothole" or "Broken streetlight". Once you've entered a summary, you can then fill out a more detailed description of the issue and even attach a photograph. After this is complete, enter a display name, such as "John" or "Anonymous,” as well as a valid email address. After you've completed all the fields, press submit to create a public report of your issue.
Go mobileDownload the SeeClickFix app from the Android Market or iTunes to report issues as you are out and about.
- Should PennDOT release the potential list of bridge and road projects that could be funded?
- BBB and one York Township resident warn against ‘US Airlines’ scam
- Plants stolen from Left Bank Restaurant in York
- At least three projects in York County could be funded if Senate Bill 1 passes as proposed
- See how a “diverging diamond interchange” — proposed for the Shrewsbury exit of I-83 — works
- JT on Should PennDOT release the potential list of bridge and road projects that could be funded?
- Jenni Sipe on When it comes to the cost: Big company or small shops?
- Douglas Gitt on After years of waiting, widening of the “York split” expected to start this summer
- Marcel on Use this map to report problems in York County – see posts below for stories on efforts to resolve issues
- best golf gps 2012 on Use this map to report problems in York County – see posts below for stories on efforts to resolve issues
Tag Archives: State Farm
Route 616 residents might be able to place rocks on their property to prevent crashes into their homes
Last month, we had written a story about how some residents along Route 616 were concerned about three recent crashes in their neighborhood. Two of the vehicles had crashed into houses, and a third narrowly missed a home. The residents … Continue reading
Here’s a story I’m working on this week. It’s about “junk” in the trunk of your vehicle. State Farm and KRC Research did a survey recently and found that only 9 percent of drivers carried all of the emergency roadside … Continue reading
A few drivers drove around “road closed” barricades and got stuck in floodwater during Hurricane Sandy. They could be cited and fined under a new state law for doing so. The water got pretty deep for some of those vehicles. … Continue reading