– Grammy award-winning Carolina Chocolate Drops will take the stage 8 p.m. at the Capitol Theatre, 50 N. George St. A CapLive Pre-Show Party is planned for 6 p.m. [$26; pre-party is free for ticket holders]
– The 2014 Launch Music Conference and Festival kicks off today and runs through Sunday in downtown Lancaster. The music starts at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, and events runs all day Friday and Saturday. ReverbNation’s Lou Plaia will speak during the event. [General admission is $20 Friday and $20 Saturday; Weekend badges are $35; VIP weekend badges are $60]
– Enjoy fun for the whole family during the Spring Carnival 6 to 10 p.m. today and Friday, 1 to 10 p.m. Saturday and 1 to 6 p.m. Sunday at the York Expo Center, 334 Carlisle Ave., West Manchester Township. A variety of rides, games and food will be available. [Admission and parking are free; ride prices vary]
– Head to Beer Mongers, 3000 S. Queen St., York Township, 7 tonight to hear Twin Radio and to taste Weyerbacher Brewing Company beers.
– The Parliament’s Spring Forward: Fashion Meets Art event is slated for 7 p.m. Friday at The Bond Building, 134 E. King Street, York. Local art will be paired with looks styled by downtown merchants. The public will get its first peek at York’s latest redevelopment project. [General admission and standing room is sold out; runway seating is $45]
– The sixth annual Go Green in the City festival is slated for 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday on North Beaver Street in downtown York. Visitors can check out art, green-conscious businesses, eco-friendly products, nonprofits and food vendors. [Free]
– Country star Jerrod Niemann will perform during York Revolution’s Fan Fest Saturday at Santander Stadium, 5 Brooks Robinson Way, York. Gates open at 12:45 p.m. The concert starts at 1 p.m. Before the concert, there will be a full-team autograph session with York Revolution players. After the concert, Revolution players will compete in a whiffle ball hitting derby and whiffle ball game. At 2 p.m., there will be an Easter egg hunt in the outfield. An intrasquad scrimmage. [$3; free for season ticket holders; proceeds benefit York City Little League]