Chris Poje of Lititz was named the 2010 Pennsylvania State Senior Idol during the finals competition Monday night at the Dutch Apple Dinner Theatre in Lancaster. Fifteen semifinalists performed at the sold-out event. Celebrity judges included Buddy King of The Magnificent Men. (Read an interview with Magnificent Men member Bob Angelucci.)
After the first round, Poje, Debi Irene Wahl of Shoemakersville and Ty Ferrell of York moved onto the finals. Ferrell sang “Truly” by Lionel Richie, Wahl performed “Blue Moon” by Frank Sinatra and Poje sang Sinatra’s “My Way.” After judges evaluation and audience voting, Poje was named the winner and will receive a limousine trip for two to New York City for dinner and a Broadway show. (Video: Lancaster Online)
(Video: Lancaster Online)
About this blogYour source for everything entertainment in southcentral Pennsylvania and beyond. Get updates about regional events, concerts and festivals. Keep up on Hollywood news, gossip and trends. Read reviews and pop culture commentary from our staff. Bookmark this blog.
- FlipSide Panel: Philadelphia Irish Music Fest, Fulton Theatre, Holy Hound
- Check out FlipSidePA’s new newsletter design!
- FlipSide Panel: First Friday in York, Lydia Loveless, YorkArts’ ‘Emerging Visions’
- FlipSide Panel: Super Bowl, Groove Jones at Bistro 19, Chris Brown
- FlipSide Panel: 3 Dollar Suit, Judy Pfaff, dinner in York, Pa.
Connect With Us