Crispus Attucks Association presents the Black History Explosion Showcase Feb. 25. Various acts and artists will present black history tributes. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. and the show begins at 6 at the association, 605 S. Duke St., York. Admission is $3 and food will be available for purchase. All proceeds go to Crispus Attucks youth and family education programs. For details, contact Jamiel Alexander or Josh Santiago at 848-3610 or e-mail email@example.com.
The York County Heritage Trust invites the public to commemorate and celebrate local black leaders from 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday at the Historical Society Museum during the free program, “Voices remembered: A journey through local African American cemeteries.” The free event will feature presentations by Dr. Dorothy King, York Daily Record/Sunday News editor Jim McClure, Ray Crenshaw and Vernon Bracey. A light reception will follow.
About this blogYour source for everything entertainment in southcentral Pennsylvania and beyond. Get updates about regional events, concerts and festivals. Keep up on Hollywood news, gossip and trends. Read reviews and pop culture commentary from our staff. Bookmark this blog.
- FlipSide Panel: Philadelphia Irish Music Fest, Fulton Theatre, Holy Hound
- Check out FlipSidePA’s new newsletter design!
- FlipSide Panel: First Friday in York, Lydia Loveless, YorkArts’ ‘Emerging Visions’
- FlipSide Panel: Super Bowl, Groove Jones at Bistro 19, Chris Brown
- FlipSide Panel: 3 Dollar Suit, Judy Pfaff, dinner in York, Pa.
Connect With Us