Crispus Attucks Association presents the Black History Explosion Showcase Feb. 25. Various acts and artists will present black history tributes. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. and the show begins at 6 at the association, 605 S. Duke St., York. Admission is $3 and food will be available for purchase. All proceeds go to Crispus Attucks youth and family education programs. For details, contact Jamiel Alexander or Josh Santiago at 848-3610 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The York County Heritage Trust invites the public to commemorate and celebrate local black leaders from 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday at the Historical Society Museum during the free program, “Voices remembered: A journey through local African American cemeteries.” The free event will feature presentations by Dr. Dorothy King, York Daily Record/Sunday News editor Jim McClure, Ray Crenshaw and Vernon Bracey. A light reception will follow.
About this blogYour source for everything entertainment in southcentral Pennsylvania and beyond. Get updates about regional events, concerts and festivals. Keep up on Hollywood news, gossip and trends. Read reviews and pop culture commentary from our staff. Bookmark this blog or follow the RSS feed to get the daily scoop.
- FlipSide guide 12/12/13: ‘The Nutcracker’; Santa Stumble; ‘War Horse’
- Downtown Inc launches video campaign about York: ‘Who knew?’
- Halestorm lead singer Lzzy Hale launches apparel line
- New releases: Watch Paul Walker in ‘Fast & Furious 6′; R. Kelly gets freaky on ‘Black Panties’
- Shops on North Beaver Street in York to host Men’s Night Out event Wednesday
Connect With Us
- Martin Wrught on Meet the new FlipSide Entertainment Editor: Ashley May
- bill kohler on Meet Whitney Houston’s real-life bodyguard from York County
- accident lawyer on Cheap Eats
- www.youtube.com on See ‘Soul Food Junkies’ Nov. 5 at HACC York
- Battlefield 4 black friday deals on Prudhomme’s will be featured on A&E’s ‘My Ghost Story’ Saturday
York County today