It’s ladies night in downtown York Friday. First Friday, which runs 5 to 9 p.m. March 2, has a Girls Night Out theme. Women are welcome to bring friends and family into town to enjoy specials, discounts and entertainment courtesy at shops, restaurants and nightlife hotspots. Don’t forget to enter to win a gift basket from the shops on North Beaver Street.
Here are some highlights:
– Author Michele McKnight Baker will do a reading at Grace Manor Bed and Breakfast, 258 W. Market St. There will also be food tastings and massages.
– Got a sweet tooth? Girl Scouts will sell cookies on North Beaver Street.
– DJ Chozen will host an open mike at New Grounds Roasting Company, 284 W. Market St.
– The first 30 women who mention First Friday at Mudhook Brewing Co., 34 N. Cherry Lane, will get a free mudcake.
– Get discounts, refreshemnts and enter a raffle for a Brenda Wintermyer painting at The Junior League of York Thrift Shop, 166 W. Market St.
– The Jazz in the City concert series presents Extremity featuring Tonya Drayden, John Harris, Mark Huber, Don Carn, Mack White and Jess Stabley at the Strand-Capitol’s Studio, 50 N. George St., York. Cover is $3 and free with student ID.