Find out what’s up this weekend. Read more in our newsletter.
– York County spots offer outdoor options for drinks and music.
– Keep busy with hiking and biking at York County parks.
– Search for adventure at Roundtop Mountain Resort in Warrington Township.
– Scoop that special someone off their feet with a York County ice cream tour.
More fun outside:
– Hersheypark opens for the summer season on weekends starting Friday. It opens daily May 23. The newest coaster, Skyrush, is expected to open for Memorial Day weekend. [Admission starts at $56.95 for adults; discounts available for kids and seniors]
– Don’t forget: The First Friday Mamapalooza runs 5 to 9 p.m. in York.
– It’s the York Revolution’s first weekend home stand. Check out a ZumbaThon 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Saturday before the game at Sovereign Bank Stadium, 5 Brooks Robinson Way, York. [ZumbaThon admission is $20.]
– See the Civil War Re-enactment Saturday and Sunday in Fairfield.
– The Baltimore Mandolin Orchestra will perform 3 p.m. Sunday at Trinity UCC, 32 W. Market St., York. [A free-will offering will be taken]
– Student musicians from across York County will perform 3:30 p.m. Sunday at the William Penn Senior High School auditorium in York. [$10]
– Sing along with Grammy-winning country act Lady Antebellum 7 p.m. Sunday at the Giant Center, 550 W. Hersheypark Drive, Hershey. [$25 to $79.50]
– At the Strand: David Bromberg performs 7:30 p.m. Friday. Hear A Benny Goodman Tribute with the York Symphony Orchestra 8 p.m. Saturday.
Festivals and expos:
– Join vintners from around the world Friday for the fifth annual PA Wine Festival to benefit the new Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital. A VIP session starts at 5 p.m. The grand tasting starts at 6:30 p.m. [$95 for VIP; $45 for grand tasting]
– The 21st annual May Day Fairie Festival starts Friday noon to 6 p.m. at Spoutwood Farm and continues Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. [$15 for people 13 and older, $5 for people 12 and younger; free for those 2 and younger]
– Hang out with Smart Magazine 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday during the sixth annual Baby & Kids Expo at the York Expo Center, 334 Carlisle Ave., West Manchester Township. [Free]
– See “Friends With Kids” 7 p.m Friday and Saturday and 3 p.m. Sunday at the Capitol Theatre, 50 N. George St., York. [$7]
– Want free comics? You’re in luck: Saturday is Free Comic Book Day. Read about what’s going on at local shops.
– Who needs a mint julep? Head to the Kentucky Derby Party 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday at the National Watch and Clock Museum, 514 Poplar St., Columbia. [$15]