Summer fun is easier than ever to record in pictures: Nearly every phone takes pictures and almost any computer can process and produce a finished photo in minutes. That means great photos of that family weekend at the beach, or that hike along the Appalachian Trail, or just that simple, weekend, backyard barbecue.
We have certainly noticed and enjoyed compiling your summer photos for the past six years as part of the York Daily Record/Sunday News Summer Photo Contest. We received more than 3,000 submissions in six years, and we want to see more. So keep your camera, or phone, handy as summer gets going. If you take a funny, sweet, clever picture, send it off to us.
– All photos must be taken between now and Aug. 11.
– Photos must be taken by a York or Adams county resident.
– There is a limit of three entries per person.
– To enter, use this form or visit ydr.com/gallery. Upload your photo to the “Summer Photo Contest” category. Include your full name, age, municipality and contact information, which will be used to contact winners.
– Color and black-and-white photos will be accepted. Don’t use Photoshop or other techniques to manipulate your submissions.
– No professional photographers may enter. The judges reserve the right to remove entries with questionable content.
– York Daily Record/Sunday News photographers will select their top three and award prizes for first, second and third place.