Find out what’s up this pre-Halloween weekend. Read more in our newsletter.
– Join the Ghostbusters and Ecto-1 Friday at Timeline Arcade in the North Hanover Mall, 1155 Carlisle St, Hanover.
– See The 1975 cult classic “Rocky Horror Picture Show” in interactive film form Friday at the Hershey Theatre, 15 E. Caracas Ave., Hershey. [$7] See it in play form 9 p.m. Saturday and midnight Sunday at York Little Theatre, 27 S. Belmont St., Spring Garden Township. [$25]
– Planet X Comics hosts a Halloween ComicFest event 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday at the shop, 2085 Springwood Road, York Township. Other local comic shops are also hosting Halloween events.
– The Parliament hosts a Owloween Party 5 p.m. Saturday to midnight Sunday at its headquarters, 116 E. King St., York. Art activities for kids run 5 to 7 p.m., and adult fun starts after 7 p.m. [$5; free for area artists and anyone who brings a potluck item]
– Look for York Daily Record/Sunday News zombies at the York Halloween Parade, which kicks off 2 p.m. Sunday and travels down Market Street.
– There are lots of other places and events to haunt in the days leading up to Halloween. Check out bar parties, trick-or-treat night and more.
– Ingrid Michaelson performs 7:30 p.m. Friday in the Sunoco Performance Theater at the Whitaker Center, 222 Market St., Harrisburg. [$29 and $35]
– At the Strand-Capitol: Don’t miss a Classical Kids production of Beethoven Lives Upstairs, 10 a.m. Friday. [$6] Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Asia 7:30 p.m. Sunday. [$35, $41 and $47]
– Rock out at the MyRuralRadio.com Fall Fest 4 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday at Naylor Winery, 4069 Vineyard Road, Hopewell Township. Read an interview with performer the Lone Wolf Project. [$15; Kids 15 and younger enter for free]
– Comedian Ron White brings his stand-up show “Moral Compass,” to the Hershey Theatre at 7 p.m. Saturday. [$46.75 and $56.75]
– “Annie Leibovitz: Pilgrimage” opens today and runs through Jan. 20, 2013 at the Gettysburg National Military Park Museum and Visitors Center, 1195 Baltimore Pike, Gettysburg. [Cost to exhibit is included in museum fee, which is $12.50 for adults and $8.50 for children 6 to 12]
– Browse for home decor and more 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at the Greater York Antiques Show and Sale at the York Expo Center, 334 Carlisle Ave., West Manchester Township. [$10, good both days]
– Also at the Expo Center: The National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors’ regional convention runs 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday.
– Meet the winemakers of the Hershey Harrisburg Wine Country Saturday and Sunday at the Fall Festival and check out The 25th Annual Taste of Central Pennsylvania Sunday in Harrisburg. Get details and plan for more wine and beer fun this fall.
– Penn State York’s THON group and cancer survivor Jimmy Clark will host a Poker with Jimmy tournament Saturday at the Goodwill Fire Co., 2318 S. Queen St., York Township. [$20 in advance; $30 at the door]