Steven Spielberg, director of the recently released “Lincoln,” will be in Gettysburg on Monday to commemorate the Gettysburg Address.
Spielberg will deliver the keynote address for the 149th anniversary of the speech. The event begins with a wreath laying at the Soldiers’ National Cemetery on Taneytown Road.
The event is free and open to the public.
Keep following FlipSidePa.com and Eveningsun.com during the day for updates on the event.
“Lincoln,” which is out in theaters this week, stars Daniel Day-Lewis in a story about Lincoln’s efforts to end slavery and the Civil War.
About this blogYour source for everything entertainment in southcentral Pennsylvania and beyond. Get updates about regional events, concerts and festivals. Keep up on Hollywood news, gossip and trends. Read reviews and pop culture commentary from our staff. Bookmark this blog.
- FlipSide guide 3/6/14: ‘Rock of Ages,’ Jefferson Starship, Cinderella Ball
- Update on Shann Beezy’s new album, 717 Video Music Award nomination
- New releases: Real Estate album, “12 Years a Slave,” Chelsea Handler travel memoir
- Recap: Whiskey Appreciation Night at The Ember’s Restaurant & Lounge
- Register for FlipSide Night Out March 22 at CoWork155 in York
Connect With Us
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Jamie Goddard on Local musicians to revive Be-In concerts, from the 1960s, this fall in York
- Joyce Rossell Nokes on Meet Whitney Houston’s real-life bodyguard from York County
- Erin McCracken on Feb. 7 First Friday: #iloveyorkcity
- Rebecca on Feb. 7 First Friday: #iloveyorkcity
- prizee gold on Oprah over the years: Locals with connections to the show