Steven Spielberg, director of the recently released “Lincoln,” will be in Gettysburg on Monday to commemorate the Gettysburg Address.
Spielberg will deliver the keynote address for the 149th anniversary of the speech. The event begins with a wreath laying at the Soldiers’ National Cemetery on Taneytown Road.
The event is free and open to the public.
Keep following FlipSidePa.com and Eveningsun.com during the day for updates on the event.
“Lincoln,” which is out in theaters this week, stars Daniel Day-Lewis in a story about Lincoln’s efforts to end slavery and the Civil War.
About this blogYour source for everything entertainment in southcentral Pennsylvania and beyond. Get updates about regional events, concerts and festivals. Keep up on Hollywood news, gossip and trends. Read reviews and pop culture commentary from our staff. Bookmark this blog.
- A fond farewell to FlipSide readers
- FlipSide guide 9/11/14: Hunter Hayes at York Fair, Star-Spangled Spectacular, Colonial Day
- New releases: Ryan Adams album, ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier,’ Dr. Seuss stories
- YorkArts, York Little Theatre and others joined forces for film project
- York City Boutique Week Fashion Show recap with photos and video
- Biker Battleground Phoenix star Paul Yaffe featured at White Rose Thunder
- West York grad Sean Free talks about working for a Broadway theater company
- Rapper Fabolous coming to 11th Avenue in York Oct. 24
- Kable House Presents Strand of Oaks show already doubles previous ticket sales
- Enjoy newly-bottled samples on Mason-Dixon Wine Trail in November
Connect With Us
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Dani Fiore on Indian Summer Jars to release ‘Heart Rock’ in September
- bioshock pc keyboard controls on The cereal serial 01/24/11: Blue Monday; Olbermann exits MSNBC; Wikileaks movie?
- Oyun Oyna on New releases: Sia album, ‘The Raid 2,’ Scooby Doo and Looney Tunes game
- Ashley May on Commentary
- Jean on Commentary