Find out what’s up this Thanksgiving weekend. Read more in our newsletter.
Thanksgiving handbook: It includes a chat with chef Robert Irvine, recipes, healthy food swaps, tips, videos, paring ideas, restaurants serving Turkey Day meals, ways to give back and more!
– Stroll through a winter wonderland at Christmas Magic. The attraction, which opens Friday, marks its 29th season at Rocky Ridge County Park, 3699 Deininger Road, Springettsbury Township. Open nightly through Dec. 31, except Dec. 24 and 25. [$8 for adults; $6 for children; $7 for seniors; free for kids younger than 4; Anyone who brings an item for Toys for Tots this weekend will receive a buy-one-get-one-free admission pass]
– Mount Hope Estates Open House Open House runs 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Guests can tour the decorated Victorian Mansion in Lancaster County, sample wine and snacks and shop for gifts.
– The Victorian Dance Ensemble will recreate an 1860s Christmas party 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at the National Civil War Museum, Reservoir Park, Harrisburg. Try on period clothing and learn the steps. [Museum admission is $10 for adults, $9 for seniors and $8 for students]
– Santa Claus is coming to town: See Jolly St. Nick in several spots this season.
– Laugh away impending stress of the holiday season with comedian Paula Poundstone 7:30 p.m. Saturday at the Strand-Capitol Performing Arts Center, 50 N. George St., York. [$31, $36 and $41]
– Head to Motown Oldies Night 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday at Prudhomme’s Lost Cajun Kitchen, 50 Lancaster Ave., Columbia.
– Enter the No-Stress Zone Friday, Saturday and Sunday at The York Emporium, 343 W. Market St., York. There will be sales as well as free munchies, coffee and hot chocolate. The store also offers free Wi-Fi and parking.
– Be a babe in toyland 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday during the Greater York Toy Extravaganza at York Expo Center, 334 Carlisle Ave., West Manchester Township. [$5 for adults; free for kids 12 and younger]
– More events this weekend and through the holiday season.