Find out what’s up this weekend. Read more in our newsletter.
– Kenny G performs 7:30 tonight at the Strand-Capitol Performing Arts Center, 50 N. George St., York. [$42, $51 and $58] Check out more weekend holiday shows and events.
– Country stars Thompson Square and Jana Kramer come to town for the Jingle Bell Jam 7 p.m. Friday in the Toyota Arena at the Expo Center, 334 Carlisle Ave., West Manchester Township. [$14; those who bring a food item for the York Rescue Mission get a coupon for a free small order of Bricker's Famous French Fries]
– The Penn State Capital College Choir will accompany Grammy-winning singer Rita Coolidge 8 p.m. Friday at the Whitaker Center, 222 Market St., Harrisburg. [$36.50 and $42.50]
– Visit Browns Orchards, 8892 Susquehanna Trail South, Springfield Township, noon Saturday as the Grace United Methodist Church of York presents a preview to its Twelfth Night Boars Head Festival with a performance in the cart room.
– OperaLancaster presents “Amahl and the Night Visitors” 2 p.m. Saturday at The Ware Center, 42 N. Prince St., Lancaster. [$20 for adults; $15 for students, seniors and groups of 10 or more; free for children 12 and younger with adult]
– Also at the Ware Center: See “Christmas with the Dead” as part of the Chet Williamson Film Festival 2 p.m. Sunday. [$7 for general admission, $5 for seniors and students]
– Sign on to see “A Musical Christmas Card” 7:30 Friday and Saturday and 3 p.m. Sunday at York Little Theatre, 27 S. Belmont St., Spring Garden Township. [$23 for adults; $21 for seniors; $18 for students; $10 for children]
– Experimental Movement Concepts dancers will present a Holiday Celebration 6 p.m. Dec. 15 at Penn State York’s Pullo Family Performing Arts Center, 1031 Edgecomb Ave., Spring Garden Township. [$17.50 and $10]
– Find out how Mr. and Mrs. Claus met during “A Swingin’ Christmas” this weekend The Dutch Apple Dinner Theatre, 510 Centerville Road, Lancaster. Lunch and dinner performances are available Tuesdays through Sundays, starting Saturday through Dec. 23. [$16 to $54]
– Dash away during the 2012 Jingle Bell Run/Walk for Arthritis starting 7:30 a.m. Saturday at OSS Health, 1855 Powder Mill Road, York Township. [$30 for the run/walks, which includes a long-sleeved tech T-shirt; $10 for the kids' event]
– Are you ready for the end of the world on Dec. 21? Head to the End of the World Party 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday at Adams County Winery, 251 Peach Tree Road, Orrtanna. [$20 in advance; $25 at the door]
– Don’t miss the final day of the Festival of Trees, 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. Sunday at Fort Hunter Mansion & Park, 5300 N. Front St., Harrisburg. [Free]
– Celebrate the final day of Hanukkah with games, food and more 12:15 to 2:15 p.m. Sunday at the Jewish Community Center, 2000 Hollywood Drive, York Township. [Free and open to the entire community]
– Cheap Eats finds hot, cheesy goodness at Nittany Pizza, 2073 Springwood Road, York Township.