Kick off 2013 in York with First Friday festivities 5 to 9 p.m. Friday, Jan. 4. There will be live entertainment, specials and discounts at city shops, restaurants and nightlife hotspots. Here’s an event lineup:
Art and more:
– Get your jewelry checked and cleaned at The Watchmaker’s Daughter, 22 N. Beaver St., and view photography by Susan Scofield.
– Studio 11 West, 11 W. Philadelphia St., is offering 10 Minutes in the Studio for $10.
– It’s your last change to view the Juried Photography Exhibition at YorkArts@CityArt, 118 W. Philadelphia St.
– View seven artist studios and take a tour of the Pennsylvania Arts Experience in Marketview Arts, 37 W. Philadelphia St.
– King’s Courtyard Artist’s Collective, 125 E. King St., welcomes guest artist Megan Besecker and provides live music and free refreshments.
– View monotypes by Phyllis Trout, glass sculpture by Cliff Maier and sculptures by Gale Jamieson 6 to 9 p.m. in her new studio, 38 N. Beaver St.
– Stop in for some samosas and other Indian snacks at the Art and Framing Warehouse, 147 W. Philadelphia St.
– Sample skillet bacon jam and get recipe ideas at Park Street Pantry, 24 N. Beaver St.
– Try a free sample pf Nuts About Granola’s new flavors – Super Speedy and Mexican Hot Chocolate – at its new spot, 46 W. Philadelphia St.
– Sip a Snowflake Latté or Snow Monkey Smoothie at Cherie Anne, 48 W. Philadelphia St.
– The Stadium Grille of York, 133 N. Duke St., offers 10 percent off for folks who show a receipt from any Central Market vendors.
– Kids can create their own treat with Mack’s Ice Cream and various toppings at Bair’s Fried Chicken in Central Market, 34 W. Philadelphia St.
– Hear tunes from Tim Warfield, Kirk Reese, Steve Meashey and Jeff Stabley 5 to 7 p.m. in the studio at the Strand-Capitol Performing Arts Center, 50 N. George St. Cover is $3 or free with student ID.
– Central Market, 34 W. Philadelphia St., hosts The Wizards of O.
– Maewyn’s Irish Pub, 110 N. George St., offers First Friday craft brew tastings, chef creations and live music 9 p.m. to midnight.
– Stop by for live music of Shane Speal at Liquid Hero Brewery, 50 E. North St.
– La Casa de Tapas, 251 N. George St., offers free salsa dancing lessons and a beer and food pairing for $24.95. Reservations are required.
– White Rose Bar & Grill, 48 N. Beaver St., offers live music and the chance to win a $50 gift card.
– Read about more First Friday happenings.
2013 First Friday dates and themes:
Feb. 1: Paint the Town
March 1: Girls Night Out
April 5: Gearing Up
May 3: Moms on Main
June 7: Art Crawl
July 5: Shopping, Entertainment, Dining & Nightlife
Aug. 2: Dog Days of Summer
Sept. 6: Sidewalk Sale
Oct. 4: Harvestfest
Nov. 1: Holiday Open House
Dec. 6: Light Up Night