Find out what’s up this weekend. Read more in our newsletter.
– The cold weather means winter fun at Roundtop Mountain Resort, 925 Roundtop Road, Warrington Township. Ski and snowboard slopes are open and snowtubing opens Friday. There a free winter carnival 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday in the Lodge Courtyard. [Carnival is free; tubing is $25 for an adult all-day pass; discounts for kids and night passes]
– Stop by the York Jewish Community Center, 2000 Hollywood Drive, York Township, 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday for fun, food, raffles, tours and fitness demos during its open house. [Free]
– Why not work out with your date? Find local places to work up a sweat.
– Check out old and new offerings at the Pennsylvania Farm Show, which kicks off Saturday at the Farm Show Complex, 2300 N. Cameron St., Harrisburg. Check out a preview and read about the Farm Show Detectives program.
– B*Dazzled Dance Studio presents its Holiday Show Saturday at Dallastown Area High School, 700 New School Lane, Dallastown. Irish and ballet shows start at 10 a.m.; Hip-hip, jazz and tap shows start at 2 p.m. [$10 per show and $12 for both for adults; discounts for kids and seniors]
– Get engaged during the holidays? Head to the Bridal Showcase 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday at the Wyndham Gettysburg, 95 Presidential Circle, Gettysburg. [$5 admission, registered brides can enter free]
– Grace United Methodist Church, 37 N. Broad St., York, will host its 15th annual Twelfth Night Boar’s Head Festival 3 and 6 p.m. Sunday. There will be a pageant and live music and dance. [Free; offering will be collected]
– Watch “Herbie Rides Again” 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. daily through Sunday at the Antique Auto Museum, 161 Museum Drive, Hershey. [$10 for adults; $9 for seniors; $7 for children 4 to 7; free, AACA members and children 3 and younger]
– See the award-winning teenage drama “The Perks of Being a Wallflower” 7 p.m. Saturday and 3 p.m. Sunday at the Capitol Theatre, 50 N. George St., York. [$7]
– Don’t miss The Met: Live in HD at the Majestic Theater, 25 Carlisle St., Gettysburg. See Francesca Zambello’s 2003 production of Berlioz’s Trojan War epic “Les Troyens” noon Saturday. [$25 for adults; $23 for seniors; $17 for students]
– Sing along during the 2 p.m. Sunday screening of “Grease” at Hershey Theatre, 15 E. Caracas Ave., Hershey. Get ready to celebrate the film’s 35th anniversary. [$7]
– Enjoy some new beer during the first weekend of 2013. Gunpowder Falls Brewing, 15556 Elm Drive, Shrewsbury Township, recently opened its doors. The tasting room is open noon to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
– Hummingbird Ridge Winery hosts a First Friday Music Event 5 to 8 p.m. in its new wine tasting room and store in the Newberry Commons in Newberry Township. [Free]
– Read about more First Friday fun in York.