30th Annual York Saint Patrick’s Day Parade this morning. Here is what you need to know about the 2013 event:The York Saint Patrick’s Day Parade Committee announced details of the
– It will step off at 1 p.m. March 16 and travel down Market Street.
– Bryan K. Tate – a York resident for 23 years, volunteer for area organizations and employee of the York County Community Foundation – will be as Grand Marshal.
– Parade entries – dance groups, floats, vehicles, etc. – will be accepted until Feb. 13. Band entries are due Jan. 31. Registration costs $25. Get details, rules and regulations here.
– More than $2,000 in prizes will be awarded, with $400 going to the best entry.
– The fundraising event called “There’s Guinness In It,“ which challenges local restaurants to create dishes with the Irish beer, is planned for 5:30 to 8 p.m. Feb. 28 at Central Market, 34 W. Philadelphia St., York. Tickets cost $25. Previous events have sold out.
About this blogYour source for everything entertainment in southcentral Pennsylvania and beyond. Get updates about regional events, concerts and festivals. Keep up on Hollywood news, gossip and trends. Read reviews and pop culture commentary from our staff. Bookmark this blog or follow the RSS feed to get the daily scoop.
- New releases: Watch Paul Walker in ‘Fast & Furious 6′; R. Kelly gets freaky on ‘Black Panties’
- Shops on North Beaver Street in York to host Men’s Night Out event Wednesday
- New York Times T Magazine gets into Jeff Koons’ art collection
- FlipSide guide 12/5/13: ‘A Christmas Carol’ performances; Straight No Chaser; The Irish Tenors
- Meet the new FlipSide Entertainment Editor: Ashley May
Connect With Us
- Martin Wrught on Meet the new FlipSide Entertainment Editor: Ashley May
- bill kohler on Meet Whitney Houston’s real-life bodyguard from York County
- accident lawyer on Cheap Eats
- www.youtube.com on See ‘Soul Food Junkies’ Nov. 5 at HACC York
- Battlefield 4 black friday deals on Prudhomme’s will be featured on A&E’s ‘My Ghost Story’ Saturday
York County today