York County native and former Live lead singer Ed Kowalczyk will perform during a two-day concert event to honor the victims of the Newtown, Conn. tragedy and benefit survivors and first responders. The Concert for Hope and Healing will be held Jan. 19 and 20 at Ridgefield Playhouse in Ridgefield, Conn. Jan. 19 performers include Edie Brickell, Bernie Williams, Kicking Daisies and Ridgefield Chorale. Jan. 20 performers include Kowalczyk, Johnny Winter and his band, April Kry & Steve Gaspar, Gary Portnoy and Steve Clarke Trio. Tickets are $45 and $75. NBC Connecticut has more on the concert and other ways to help Sandy Hook Elementary and Newtown.
About this blogYour source for everything entertainment in southcentral Pennsylvania and beyond. Get updates about regional events, concerts and festivals. Keep up on Hollywood news, gossip and trends. Read reviews and pop culture commentary from our staff. Bookmark this blog.
- FlipSide Panel: 3 Dollar Suit, Judy Pfaff, dinner in York, Pa.
- FlipSide Panel: PA Farm Show, Hibrewnation, Martin Luther King Jr., Kable House, FestivIce
- Watch Matthew McConaughey’s audition tape for ‘Dazed and Confused’
- FlipSide Panel: What are you doing this January weekend around York, Pa.?
- FlipSide Panel: What are you doing New Year’s weekend around York, Pa.?
- Black History Month Art Showcase features local African, African-American and Caribbean artists
- Donate clothes and get a makeover at DiDi and Smiling John's Barber Shop
- 'Late Nite Catechism' to come to Hershey Theatre
- The Yorktowne Hotel will hold annual Wedding Boutique Showcase in March
- 'American Idol' winner Jordin Sparks inspires local fan to give back
Connect With Us