York County native and former Live lead singer Ed Kowalczyk will perform during a two-day concert event to honor the victims of the Newtown, Conn. tragedy and benefit survivors and first responders. The Concert for Hope and Healing will be held Jan. 19 and 20 at Ridgefield Playhouse in Ridgefield, Conn. Jan. 19 performers include Edie Brickell, Bernie Williams, Kicking Daisies and Ridgefield Chorale. Jan. 20 performers include Kowalczyk, Johnny Winter and his band, April Kry & Steve Gaspar, Gary Portnoy and Steve Clarke Trio. Tickets are $45 and $75. NBC Connecticut has more on the concert and other ways to help Sandy Hook Elementary and Newtown.
About this blogYour source for everything entertainment in southcentral Pennsylvania and beyond. Get updates about regional events, concerts and festivals. Keep up on Hollywood news, gossip and trends. Read reviews and pop culture commentary from our staff. Bookmark this blog.
- FlipSide guide 3/6/14: ‘Rock of Ages,’ Jefferson Starship, Cinderella Ball
- Update on Shann Beezy’s new album, 717 Video Music Award nomination
- New releases: Real Estate album, “12 Years a Slave,” Chelsea Handler travel memoir
- Recap: Whiskey Appreciation Night at The Ember’s Restaurant & Lounge
- Register for FlipSide Night Out March 22 at CoWork155 in York
Connect With Us
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Jamie Goddard on Local musicians to revive Be-In concerts, from the 1960s, this fall in York
- Joyce Rossell Nokes on Meet Whitney Houston’s real-life bodyguard from York County
- Erin McCracken on Feb. 7 First Friday: #iloveyorkcity
- Rebecca on Feb. 7 First Friday: #iloveyorkcity
- prizee gold on Oprah over the years: Locals with connections to the show