Super Bowl 47 is a few days away. Jim Harbaugh and his San Francisco 49ers take on John Harbaugh at the Baltimore Ravens in New Orleans. (Yup, they’re brothers.) Kick off is slated for 6:30 p.m. Sunday on CBS. Places in the area to tune in include:
Although Scozzaro’s Old Mill Inn, 4797 York Road, New Oxford, is typically a Steelers hang out, they are still hosting a Super Bowl party. For details, call 717-624-8987 or visit scozzaros.com.
Arooga’s Grille House & Sports Bar boasts several locations, one of which is 1211 Haines Road, Springettsbury Township. It features big-screen televisions, lots of beers on tap and wings, which can be ordered as original or boneless with an array of sauces. For details, call 717-718-9464 or visit www.aroogas.com.
Cobbblesone’s Restaurant, 205 S. George St., York, boasts 42 televisions, some of which customers can control in booths. It also boasts one of the biggest beer selections in the county. For details, call 717-848-3866 or visit www.cobblestonesyork.com.
Tailgaters Grille & Drafthouse, 204 St. Charles Way, York Township, is giving away a large flat-screen television on Sunday. Other specials are scheduled, including wings and beers. Call 717-741-1159 or visit www.tailgatersyork.com
The Valley Tavern, 1 Cherry St., Seven Valleys. Is featuring and all-you-can-eat taco bar and $1.75 Bud Light drafts during the big game. For details, call 717-428-2611 or visit thevalleytavern.com.
– Check out Tavern Tours of York County for more places to grab grub and suds.
– Get recipes for game day, including healthy snacks and meatless wonders.
– Get party tips and read what locals are looking forward to during the big game. (And – gasp – a Steelers fans rooting for the Ravens.)
– Check out a photos from New Orleans and get a primer for the commercials.
– Amped for the music? Alicia Keys will sing the national anthem. Beyonce will be joined by football fans on stage during the halftime show. Check out some of her best fashion moments.