Find out what’s up this weekend. Read more in our newsletter.
– See the tour of the Tony-winning Broadway musical “Million Dollar Quartet” through Sunday at Hershey Theatre, 15 E. Caracas Ave., Hershey. [Tickets start at $27]
– Catch the smooth R&B sounds of Carl Thomas Friday at the Valencia Ballroom, 142 N. George St., York. Doors open at 8 p.m. [$25 for general admission; $50 for VIP]
– Hear “With Love From Gerswhin” 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday at Gettysburg Community Theatre, 49 York St., Gettysburg. [$15, includes complimentary wine reception]
– Vocalist Mylea Thompson will perform jazz, R&B, Broadway and opera tunes 6 p.m. Feb. 2 at the Women’s Club of York, 228 E. Market St., York. [$35 and $60]
– The Seldom Scene will be in town Saturday at the Capitol Theatre, 50 N. George St., York. Attend a free 45-minutes workshop with the band at 4:30 p.m. They play a CapLive concert at 8 p.m. HogMaw opens the show. [$23]
– Also at the Strand-Capitol: Don’t miss “Spank! The Fifty Shades Parody” tonight and Oscar-Nominated Short Films Sunday afternoon.
Embrace the cold:
– Don’t let frigid temperatures keep you cocooned on your couch this winter. Bundle up for IceFest 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Saturday and noon to 2:30 p.m. Sunday in downtown Chambersburg.
– Dip your toe (or more) into the Susquehanna River at noon Saturday to raise money for Special Olympics York County during their Freezin’ for a Reason fundraiser. Registration begins at 10 a.m. at the John Wright building, 124 N. Front St., Wrightsville.
– Spruce up your surroundings with a visit to the Original Semi-Annual 160th York Antiques Show and Sale 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday at the York Expo Center, 334 Carlisle Ave., West Manchester Township. [$10]
– Also at the Expo Center: Discover the Dinosaurs noon to 9 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday in the Toyota Arena. [$16 for adults, $11 for seniors and children age 2 to 11, free for children younger than 2]
– Show off your spicy side 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday during a Chili Cook-Off at Moon Dancer Winery, 1282 Klines Run Rd. Anyone can enter; all chili must be registered at the door by 2 p.m.
– Yuk it up for a good cause during A Night of Comedy with Earl David Reed & Friends 8 to 10 Saturday night in the Terrace Ballroom at Heritage Hills Golf Resort and Conference Center, 2700 Mount Rose Ave., York Township. [$24.50]
– Don’t forget to stop by First Friday in York, plan ahead for Valentine’s Day and scout out spots to watch the Super Bowl.