The York County Convention & Visitors Bureau started The Susquehanna Ale Trail in 2012 as a self-guided tour to seven breweries, brewpubs and craft brewing outlets in the region. Participating establishments provide tours, tastings, educational opportunities and a behind-the-scenes look at the brewing process and craft beer industry.
In the past year, the Trail has doubled in size. Its 2013 Passport Event is slated April 12 to 14 and 19 to 21. The 14 breweries and brew pubs will give passport holders the chance for exclusive samplings and tours. Hours are 4 to 8 p.m. Fridays, noon to 5 p.m. Saturdays and noon to 4 p.m. Sundays. (Note: A few locations are closed Sundays.) Passports are $15 and Designated Driver Passports, which only include brewery tours, are $5. Click here for details and tickets.
Trail stops added within the last year:
– Liquid Hero Brewery, 50 E. North St., York
– Old Republic Distillery, 37 Cherry St., Seven Valleys
– Roy-Pitz Brewing Co., 140 N. 3rd St., Chambersburg
– Rumspringa Brewing Co., 3174 Old Philadelphia Pike, Bird-in-Hand
– Saint Boniface Craft Brewing Co., 1701 W. Main St., Ephrata
– Swashbuckler Brewing Co., 2775 Lebanon Road, Manheim
– Warehouse Gourmet Bistro & Brewpub, 7 Pennsylvania Ave., Hanover