Find out what’s up this weekend. Read more in our newsletter.
Out and about:
– Here comes Peter Cottontail: Celebrate spring this weekend with local Easter egg hunts, bunny sightings and brunches.
– Try to forget the snowstorm earlier this week and head to Springtime in the Park at Hersheypark, 100 W. Hersheypark Drive, Hershey. It’s open 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday, Saturday, April 6 and 13 as well as 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday, April 7 and 14. [One-day admission is $29.95, $19.95 for those 3 to 8 and 55 and older and free for kids 2 and younger; parking is $8]
– Youth 15 and younger are invited to 14th annual William Shaffer Trout Fishing Derby from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday at Kiwanis Lake, Parkway Boulevard and Newberry Street, York. Arrive early to register. [Free; lunch is provided]
– Don’t miss the last day of the Mason Dixon Wine Trail’s Tour de Tanks noon to 5 p.m. Saturday.
– Country singer Gary Allan takes the stage 8 tonight at American Music Theatre, 2425 Lincoln Hwy East, Lancaster. [$69]
– Get lost in the Scottish highlands during the musical “Brigadoon” at Dutch Apple Dinner Theatre, 510 Centerville Road, Lancaster. The show opens tonight and runs through May 11. [Dinner-and-show tickets are $49 to $55; Limited show-only tickets are $32; Discounts are available for students, kids and groups]
– Check out the new York music venue: The Shop at New Grounds Roasting Co., 284 W. Market St. Artists including Suzu Reign, Ralph Real, Chad Clemons and Nicole Shockley will perform 8 p.m. Friday. Rock and metal bands will hit the stage 6 p.m. Saturday. [$15 Friday; $6 Saturday]
Investigate history, pop culture:
– Explore book, memorabilia, vintage posters and more during the spring York Book and Paper Fair 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at the Holiday Inn Conference Center, 2000 Loucks Road, West Manchester Township. [$5]
– Enjoy all things vintage – with attitude – this weekend during Steampunk@Gettysburg. The festival celebrates Steampunk, which revives and re-imagines Victorian-era science fiction. Hours are 11 a.m. Saturday to 1 a.m. Sunday and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday. [$40 Saturday, $30 Sunday and $50 for a weekend pass]
– If you love all things music, comics, movies and TV like we do, head to the American Music and Pop Culture Expo 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at the Granada Avenue Gymnasium, 30 E. Granada Ave., Hershey. [$7 with discounts for seniors and children]
– Get sweet fruits, fresh produce, baked goods and other products through 6 p.m. today as Flinchbaugh’s Orchard & Farm Market, 110 Ducktown Road, Hellam Township, opens for the season.
– Grab a bite of island flavor 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at YorKitchen, 37 W. Clarke Ave., York. Nikki’s Island & Soul Cuisine Caribbean will serve oxtail, jerk chicken and more. [Prices start at $2 for sides and end at $12 for meals]