Find out what’s up this weekend. Read more in our newsletter.
– Croatian cellists Luka Sulic and Stjepan Hauser — 2Cellos — perform 7:30 p.m. tonight at the Whitaker Center, 222 Market St., Harrisburg. [$32.50 and $42.50]
– Don’t miss “Once Upon A Time,” a cabaret experience featuring the music of Disney 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday at the Gettysburg Community Theatre, 49 York St., Gettysburg. [$11]
– Celebrate National Poetry Month with “Poets Sing the Blues: An Evening of Jazz/Blues-inspired Poetry and Music” 7 p.m. Friday at the York Emporium, 343 W. Market St., York. Check out more poetry on the Versify blog. [Free]
– The spaceship of the a cappella beat boxing Voca People crashed on planet Earth and need your voice to help to can get home. See the show 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Hershey Theatre, 15 E. Caracas Ave., Hershey. [$27, $37, $47 and $52]
– Kingsfoil will perform 7 p.m. Saturday today at the Chameleon Club, 223 N. Water St., Lancaster. “Malcolm in the Middle’s” Frankie Muniz will celebrate his first year with the band this weekend, too. The show also features Katy Glorioso, Younger Me and Fair Fox. [$10 for general admission and $15 for a VIP with a meet-and-greet]
– Hear the David Byrne tribute act Start Making Sense! 10 p.m. in the Abbey Bar at Appalachian Brewing Co., 50 N. Cameron St., Harrisburg. [$10 in advance; $12 at the door]
Movies and pop-culture:
– Mexican-American singer/songwriter Rodriguez’s 1970 album “Cold Fact” was a flop in the U.S., but — unbeknownst to the signer — it became a hit in Apartheid-torn South Africa. Watch the Oscar-winning documentary about the album and singer, “Searching for Sugar Man”, 7 p.m. Saturday and 3 p.m. Sunday at the Capitol Theatre, 50 N. George St., York. [$7]
– York College’s English and Humanities Department will host A Zombie Symposium starting 9 a.m. Saturday in the Humanities Center Room 218 on campus, 441 Country Club Road, Spring Garden Township. The living, dead and the living dead are invited to explore a possible zombie apocalypse. [Free]
– Central Market marks its 125th birthday with a party 6 to 9 p.m. tonight at the market, 34 W. Philadelphia St., York. The night features food, drinks, entertainment and a souvenir bag. [$25; A free birthday event with cupcakes for the kids will run from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday at the market]
– Find art, music, food and discounts around York on First Friday.
– The York Capitols indoor football team will make its debut against the Washington Eagles 7 p.m. Saturday at the York City Ice Arena, 901 Vander Ave., York. [$15]
– Browse vintage and boutique items and furniture at the Spring Art and Gift Show 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday in the Windows on the Green Terrace at Heritage Hills Resort, 2700 Mount Rose Ave., York Township. [Free]
– Upgrade your spring style during Harrisburg Fashion Week. Attend a fashion show Sunday at the Zembo Shrine, 2801 N. 3rd St., Harrisburg. [$15 for general admission; $25 for VIP]