Find out what’s up this weekend. Read more in our newsletter.
At the York Expo Center, 334 Carlise Ave., West Manchester Township:
– The Majestic Midways Spring Carnival is in town today through Sunday. Hours are 6 to 10 p.m. tonight and Friday, 1 to 5 p.m. and 6 to 10 p.m. Saturday and 1 to 6 p.m. Sunday. [Prices for rides vary; wristbands are available for $20]
– Celebrate herbs and everything garden-related noon to 7 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday during the Pennsylvania Herb and Garden Festival. [$5 per day; kids can eneter for free]
– The York College Players present and evening of short plays, “Actors Theatre One Acts,” 7:30 p.m. tonight, Friday and Saturday in the Collegiate Performing Arts Center, 441 Contry Club Road, Spring Garden Township. [Free]
– See your favorite characters 7 p.m. tonight and Friday, 11 a.m., 3 and 7 p.m. Saturday and 1 and 4:30 p.m. Sunday as Disney On Ice presents “Worlds of Fantasy” at the Giant Center, 550 W. Hersheypark Drive, Hershey. [$25, $50 and $60]
– York Little Theatre presents “Cabaret” 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 3 p.m. Sunday on its studio stage, 27 S. Belmont St., Springettsbury Township. The show also runs next weekend. [$23 for adults, $21 for seniors and $18 for students]
– The York Symphony Orchestra presents its “Classical Series No. 4″ concert 7:30 Saturday night at the Strand-Capitol Performing Arts Center, 50 N. George St., York. [Student tickets cost $18; Adult tickets cost $36, $46 and $56]
– Ever wonder how the story of Cinderella would turn out if the stepsisters had a chance to tell their side? Find out during the one-act opera “Meanwhile, Back at Cinderella’s” 2 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday at the Ware Center, 42 N. Prince St., Lancaster. [$16 to $21; Children 12 and younger are free with a paying adult]
– The York County Heritage Trust hosts its annual Art & Leisure Auction 5:30 p.m. Friday on Friday at the Historical Society Museum, 250 E. Market St., York. The event includes food tastings, wine, beer and auctions. [$50]
– Check out public art created by area high school students during Chalk It Up! 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at the York Galleria, 2899 Whiteford Road, Springettsbury Township. Visitors can vote for the favorite piece in the People’s Choice category. [Free]
– Office Furniture Outlet hosts its Second Saturday Art Gallery reception 5 to 9 p.m. Saturday at the store, 519 N. Franklin St., York. [Free; a portion of proceeds from sales will benefit Make-A-Wish]
– York Art Association’s Spring Members Show opens with a reception 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday in the Nancy M. Woodward Gallery, 220 S. Marshall St., Springettsbury Township. [Free; light refreshments will be served]
Out and about:
– Keep York Beautiful invites organizations, businesses, youth groups and families to sign up for the Spring Clean Up 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. today in York. At 7:30 a.m., community members interested in participating can pick up bags, gloves and equipment in the parking lot at City Hall, 101 S. George St.
– Soak in the sun during Third Annual Daffodil Festival 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at Farquhar Park, on North Newberry Street in York. It will feature a 1-mile fun run, live music, face painting, games and more. [Free]
– The York Revolution hosts its 2013 Fan Fest Saturday at Sovereign Bank Stadium, 5 Brooks Robinson Way, York. Country star Maggie Rose will help kick off festivities at noon. Read and interview with her. [Concert is free; game tickets are $5 for the public and $3 for Revs season ticketholders]
– Explore 14 breweries, brewpubs and taprooms this weekend and next weekend during the Susquehanna Ale Trail’s Second Annual Passport Event. Hours are 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Fridays, noon to 5 p.m. Saturdays and noon to 4 p.m. Sundays. [Passports cost $15; Designated drivers pay $5]
– Grab your partner and head to the Spring Fling Dinner Dance hosted by the York chapter of USA Dance 5 to 10 p.m. Saturday at the Valencia Ballroom, 142 N. George Street, York. The event includes a buffet and cash bar. [$38 for USA Dance members; $43 for nonmembers]
– Take a breather from tax stress 3:30 to 6 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 to 5 p.m. Sunday during the Forget the Taxes Wine Dinner at Naylor Winery, 4069 Vineyard Road, Hopewell Township. Tickets are $35 per person.
– Feast on traditional favorites during the Jewish Food Festival noon to 4 p.m. Sunday at the York Jewish Community Center, 2000 Hollywood Drive, York Township. [Free]
– Get caught in The Great Train Robbery 3 p.m. Sunday on the Strasburg Railroad, Route 741, Strasburg. [Tickets start at $18 for adults, $11.50 for children, $4 for children younger than 3]
– The People’s Shakespeare Project will toast The Bard’s 449th birthday with a fundraiser 4 to 6:30 p.m. Sunday at the Keystone Art and Culture Center, 420 Pearl St., Lancaster. The event will feature food, drink and a performance. [$25 for adults; $15 for students; Remaining tickets will be available at the door for $5 more]