Find out what’s up this weekend. Read more in our newsletter.
At the Strand-Capitol Performing Arts Center, 50 N. George St., York:
– New Hope’s performing arts program presents Shakespeare’s drama “Othello” 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday at the Capitol Theatre. [$5 for adults; $3 for students]
– Close out National Jazz Month at the York Jazz Fest 2 to 6 p.m. Saturday at The Strand. The event includes live music and food and beverage pairings. [$45 and $50]
– Artists, music industry professionals and fans can network, learn about the biz and attend concerts tonight through Sunday at the LAUNCH Music Conference and Festival in the Lancaster County Convention Center, 25 S. Queen St., Lancaster. [Festival badges are $40 to $60; There are several other payment options to see live shows]
– Attend “Back to Bandstand: A Trip Down Memory Lane” 6 p.m. Saturday in the Sunoco Performance Theater at the Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts, 222 Market St., Harrisburg. [$150 for the concert with wine reception; $45 for the concert]
– The Martini Bros. and AC/DC cover band Dirt Cheap will perform 10 p.m. Saturday at Fat Daddy’s, 2510 E. Market St., Springettsbury Township.
– The York Symphony Chorus and Chamber Singers will present tunes from musicals and pop stars during the Spring Choral Concert 3 p.m. Sunday at Union Lutheran Church of York, 408 W. Market St., York. [$8 for adults and $5 for students]
– Television star, celebrity stylist and fashion designer Carson Kressley will speak at 7:30 p.m. at The Pullo Center, 1031 Edgecomb Ave., Spring Garden Township. The speech is part of the Junior League of York’s 24th annual speaker series. [$50; discounts available for students and ticket sales through the day of the show; $100 for VIP passes]
– Get some fairy tale justice with “CinderLawyer,” a comedy presented by local lawyers, 7:30 tonight through Saturday night at York Little Theatre, 27 S. Belmont St., Spring Garden Township. [$25; benefits the York County Bar Foundation and YLT]
– Catch an all-new circus show 4:30 and 7:30 p.m. tonight as the The Piccadilly Circus visits the York Expo Center, 334 Carlisle Ave., West Manchester Township. The big top will be at Lancaster’s Park City Center Friday to Sunday. [$8 to $38 per person]
– See if you can solve the case during the “Murder in the Mansion” gala event 6 p.m. Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday at the Women’s Club of York, 228 E. Market St., York. The Victorian-era show includes a catered dinner. [$45; reservations required]
– Liquid Hero Brewery hosts the second annual Chili Cook-off noon to 2 p.m. Saturday at the brewery, 50 E. North St., York. The all-you-can-eat event will feature 15 different chili cookers. Tasters can vote for their favorite. [$10; proceeds benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society]
– Don’t shop ’til you drop this weekend at Tanger Outlets, along Route 30 near Lancaster. Refuel during Tanger Taste & Style Experience. Food trucks and vendors will be offering samples 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
– Learn about how to get around without pumping pollution into the air during “Revenge of the Electric Car” 2 p.m. Sunday at the York Jewish Community Center, 2000 Hollywood Drive, York Township. [$5 at the door; plug-in vehicle show follows the screening]
– Meet and greet the Harrisburg City Islanders professional soccer team 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday at Hershey Chocolate World, 251 Park Blvd., Hershey. Soccer activities will be available for children.