The theme for the May 2013 First Friday is Moms on Main and is geared to pamper loved ones before Mother’s Day. Events, entertainment and retail specials run 5 to 9 p.m. Friday in downtown York. Here’s an event lineup:
– Men are invited to strap on stilettos for Walk a Mile in Her Shoes 5 p.m. at Sovereign Bank Stadium, 5 Brooks Robinson Way. During the 1-mile walk, men sport high heels in order to bring awareness to sexual and domestic violence. For details and to register, call 717-434-1760 or visit www.ywcayork.org.
– Preservation Month 2013 will begin with Historic York Annual Preservation Celebration 5 to 7 p.m. at Central Market, 34 W. Philadelphia St. Scott Butcher will present a “Voice for the Fallen” lecture, awards will be given to preservation projects and refreshments will be served.
– Arthur & Daughters, 49 N. Beaver St., will host a Lobo Mau Trunk Show to preview new fashions 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Visitors can meet designer Nicole Haddad, sip champagne and enjoy refreshments. Get a photo with a donation to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The show continues Saturday.
– Join members of the York County Bar Association and J. Ross McGinnis, attorney and author of “Trials of Hex,” to visit historic law offices in York during a 6 p.m. walking tour. A limited number of tickets are available for $12.
– Vulcania Graphics & Fine Art, 122 W. Philadelphia St., will celebrate it’s grand opening with a ribbon cutting 4 p.m. The business offers a full range of digital services for artists.
– New My Girlfriend’s Wardrobe, a consignment store at 14 N. George St., opens Wednesday and will offer Friday shoppers free gift bags. A ribbon cutting is slated for 10 a.m. Saturday.
– Paul Carr, Mike Boone and Jeff Stabley will perform during Jazz in the City 5 to 7 p.m. in the Studio at the Strand-Capitol Performing Arts Center, 50 N. George St. The Studio entrance is on Philadelphia Street. Cover is $3 cover or free with student I.D.
– DJ Tommy D will host a Retro Rock party with songs from the 70s, 80s and 90s 7 to 11 p.m. at the Elks Lodge, 233 N. George St. Cover is $5.
– Heidelberg United Church of Christ, 47 W. Philadelphia St., will host Heidelbean Coffee House with live music, snacks and beverages.
Other events and deals:
– Mudhook Brewing Co., 34 W. Philadelphia St., will offer a free drink to moms who brag about their kids.
– The Junior League Thrift Shop, 166 W. Market St., will offer a wine and chocolate pairing.
– Moms can get a free massage at Grace Manor Bed & Breakfast, 258 W. Market St.
– View work from local printmakers 6 to 9 p.m. at The Parliament, 116 E. King St.
– Visit the First Friday webpage for more details and check out the flyer for more deals and happenings.