Have a sudden craving Mexican food, beverages and partying? That’s probably because Cinco de Mayo — observed to commemorate the Mexican army’s victory at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862 — is Sunday. Check out events and specials in the area compiled by FlipSide correspondent Jen Baker:
– El Serrano, 3410 E. Market St., Springettsbury Township; and 2151 Columbia Ave., Lancaster
Details: Dinner specials and margarita specials Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
– El Rodeo, 724 Loucks Road, York and 1130 Carlisle St., Hanover
Details: Today through Sunday, the York location will offer food, beer and mixed drink specials. Drink specials at the Hanover location will feature $1.99 Coors Light bottles today; $3.99 strawberry margaritas on Friday; $5.75 mariachi margaritas and $5 mojitos on Saturday; and various mixed drink specials, plus select $1.99 drafts on Sunday.
– Fiesta Mexico, 2818 E. Market St., Springettsbury Township
Details: Daily drink and food specials are offered today through Sunday. Customers will also enjoy a variety of giveaways, including novelty items and coupons for free desserts or appetizers.
– Guadalajara, 2600 E. Market St., Springettsbury Township
– El Sol Mexican Restaurant, 18 S. Third St,, Harrisburg
Details: El Sol is hosting a Cinco de Mayo Block Party noon to 6 p.m. Saturday, including a Mariachi band, Mexican folk dancing, pinatas for the kids, a jalapeno eating contest, a couple’s salsa dancing competition, food and drinks.
– Tailgaters Grille and Drafthouse, 204 St. Charles Way, York Township
Details: Stop by for half-price margaritas from 8 to 10 p.m. Saturday, or $2.75 Corona bottles and 3/$1.59 tacos from noon to 6 p.m. Sunday. Corona novelty items will also be given away on Sunday.
– Banana Max, 2860 Whiteford Road, Springettsbury Township
Details: On Saturday, enjoy $1 mixed drinks, $1 Bud Light bottles, or $3 Corona bottles.
– The Cove, 1500 S. George St., Spring Garden Township
Details: Dos Equis beer will be on special all day Sunday.
– Adams County Winery, 251 Peach Tree Road, Orrtanna
Details: Enjoy a Cinco de Mayo Wine Dinner from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday. Tickets are $50 and include a four-course meal prepared by Uncle Moe’s Soul Food with a glass of wine for each course. Seating is limited; reservations are required.
– Naylor Wine Cellars, 4069 Vineyard Road, Hopewell Township
Details: Don’t miss a Cinco de Mayo Party from 1 to 6 p.m. Sunday. It will feature live music, specialty wine drinks, beer, and food by Roburritos. Admission is $5.