Find out what’s up this weekend. Read more in our newsletter.
– Go on a little flight of fancy and celebrate spring at the May Day Fairie Festival 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at Spoutwood Farm, 4255 Pierceville Road, Codorus Township. Activities include maypole dancing, craft making, live music, storytellers and vendors. [$15 for 13 and older, $5 for 3 to 12; free for 2 and younger; Parking is $5 per car]
– The 58th annual Apple Blossom Festival runs 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at South Mountain Fairgrounds, 615 Narrows Rd., Arendtsville. [$5; kids younger than 12 enter for free]
– Get a list of more area festivals.
At the Strand-Capitol Performing Arts Center, 50 N. George St., York:
– Get a taste of Hollywood and Broadway in one show during “YSO POPS: From Hollywood to Broadway!” 7:30 p.m. Saturday at the Strand-Capitol Performing Arts Center, 50 N. George St., York. [$36, $46 and $56]
– See Maggie Smith’s latest movie “Quartet” 7 p.m. Saturday and 3 p.m. Sunday at the Capitol Theatre [$7]
– See “Beauty and the Beast,” a tale as old as time, at DreamWrights Youth and Family Theatre, 100 Carlisle Ave., York. It plays weekends, Friday to May 19. [$12 for reserve seating and $8 for general admission]
– Kids and parents are invited to go on a live reading adventure at 6:30 p.m. Friday as “Super Why Live: You’ve Got the Power!” visits Hershey Theatre, 15 E. Caracas Ave., Hershey. [$27.35, $32.35 and $42.35]
– Hear live music and support children’s charity during an all-ages show at 7 p.m. Saturday at The Shop at New Grounds, 284 W. Market St., York. [$6 at the door; Since it's "Star Wars" Day, a portion of the proceeds go to Sabers for Smiles, a grassroots group that makes lightsabers for children with cancer]
– The Bacon Brothers, Kevin and Michael, perform 8 p.m. Saturday in the Sunoco Performance Theater at the Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts, 222 Market St., Harrisburg. [$38 and $47]
– Hersheypark, 100 W. Hersheypark Drive, Hershey, opens for the season Friday. It’s open weekends through May and daily starting May 22. The Boardwalk opens May 25. [Single-day tickets are $57.95 for adults; discounts for kids and seniors]
– Listen to a two-hour tribute to George Jones 8 to 10 a.m. Saturday on WHVR-AM (Real Country 1280), which serves the Hanover area, and WWSM-AM 1510, which serves Lebanon, Schuylkill and Berks counties.
– Watch teams re-enact 19th century base ball (two words back in the day) noon to 4 p.m. Saturday at the Strasburg Rail Road, Route 741 East. Trains will depart hourly from the historic East Strasburg Station. [$5 for adults plus train ticket, $3 for kids 3 to 11 with train ticket]